iCandy peach vs Baby jogger city select

I love it in black, and whether I get iCandy (but unsure about DD fitting in) or city select I want to 'pimp' it with Chunkle Munkle, have you seen what that lady cn do to a pram?? Would love to have a pimped pram!!

I've read it comes in slightly cheaper than iCandy!? I've read prices somewhere...let me have a quick google.

There are some rough prices in this thread - I read this yesterday.

https://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a7159815/baby_jogger_city_select?cpg=1&csi=2023928727&pd=-1

thanks hun :)

i think its roughly £555 for what i want, i doubt i will get the carrycot.
cheaper than the icandy :)

Just to update this, I ended up with an iCandy after seeing both prams side by side. City select was really long. I didnt realise it'd be so much longer than than the iCandy. My DD fit in the seat just fine so I ordered it.

thanks for the update hun! i went to look at the city select yesterday in john lewis, they were useless there i think i knew more than they did, they didnt have adapters to see what the carseat was like on the pram either.

im going to see another stockist soon & have another look , i had a quick look at the peach but only thing i wasnt keen on was the seat behind didnt sit up straight

enjoy your peach hun , ill let you know which i choose, im still struggling to decide :)

I also thought that about the back seat, however I think I will have my DD walking places by the time baby needs to move into the front seat. I hope I am right in thinking she'll be walkin well given she'll be nearly 3 by then!

it really helped me decide when I saw both prams next to each other - the length for me was an issue coz I get buses most of the time :) Its still a great pram though and does LOADS!

I hope you can see it to its true potential at the next stockist :)

big thank you for this thread!! ive been weighting up options and you've just made my choice 100 times easier....thanks :)

I just responded to another post and then saw this one, just wanted to say I have a baby jogger city select and use it for only 1 lo and I've had it for about 2 months now and I really love it!! I'm using the carry cot at the moment and its really easy to fold down and the hood is really long so prob no need for a parasol or anything. and the basket underneath is HUGE which is one of the main reasons I loved this pram!! I bought it without even seeing it as I loved the baby jogger mini but I wanted lo to face me so it seemed like this one had everything, plus we only need to buy another seat and not another pram when next lo comes along!

I just responded to another post and then saw this one, just wanted to say I have a baby jogger city select and use it for only 1 lo and I've had it for about 2 months now and I really love it!! I'm using the carry cot at the moment and its really easy to fold down and the hood is really long so prob no need for a parasol or anything. and the basket underneath is HUGE which is one of the main reasons I loved this pram!! I bought it without even seeing it as I loved the baby jogger mini but I wanted lo to face me so it seemed like this one had everything, plus we only need to buy another seat and not another pram when next lo comes along!

thanks hun , i think im going to get the baby jogger too but will check it out again before i buy it.

also found some cute liners for the baby jogger city select in pink, nice way to brighten it up if i buy the black!

Bit late but I was in John Lewis today looking at buggies and had a little wander round with the icandy peach, and it was so heavy, and that was without any babies in it!! I also found it really difficult to steer too, and kept crashing!! :p

update :

i went to compare the icandy peach & baby jogger today.

ive finally made my mind up , im going with the icandy peach!

its sooooooooo much nicer

the baby jogger is just too long, i also found it difficult to push and thats without a toddler & baby in it.
also when the front seat is facing the front its quite close to the floor , if my lo's legs grow much longer they would be very close to the floor.

so i will be ordering my icandy peach shortly :) , im so excited i cant wait.
think ill be getting it in black but i really want to find a pink liner or something just to brighten it up if anyone knows where i can get one?

it was easy to push with my lo in it & she seemed to fit fine in front seat, the hood does actually go up , even though they told me it didnt.

i already have the maxi cosi carseat and plan on using this with the pram until baby no2 grows out of it.

only thing that was dissapointing was the back seat didnt sit up straight , but i think i can live with it if it means the pram is smaller.
by the time lo is old enough to be in the seat i will hopefully be using it more often as a single pram than double.

update :

i went to compare the icandy peach & baby jogger today.

ive finally made my mind up , im going with the icandy peach!

its sooooooooo much nicer

the baby jogger is just too long, i also found it difficult to push and thats without a toddler & baby in it.
also when the front seat is facing the front its quite close to the floor , if my lo's legs grow much longer they would be very close to the floor.

so i will be ordering my icandy peach shortly :) , im so excited i cant wait.
think ill be getting it in black but i really want to find a pink liner or something just to brighten it up if anyone knows where i can get one?

it was easy to push with my lo in it & she seemed to fit fine in front seat, the hood does actually go up , even though they told me it didnt.

i already have the maxi cosi carseat and plan on using this with the pram until baby no2 grows out of it.

only thing that was dissapointing was the back seat didnt sit up straight , but i think i can live with it if it means the pram is smaller.
by the time lo is old enough to be in the seat i will hopefully be using it more often as a single pram than double.

glad u've finaly decided which one your going for. im still un-sure because of budget issues etc :(

where abouts did you go to compare both? i carnt find anywhere that stock both buggies :(

John Lewis stock both.

Stacey - I'm glad you made the decision, you seem to have found exactly the same "faults" with City Select as I did. It does a lot but it's not a patch on iCandy in looks and size.

ye i went back to john lewis , they had some one who knew what she was doing this time, but they were so busy today.

it is very expensive , £750 including the car seat adapters.
im not getting the carrycot , we had one with the quinny for my lo and only used it twice when we was out.

ye i found the baby jogger quite ugly looking in comparison , peach wins my vote !

what colour did you go for nikki_ lou25 ? have you tried it out yet?

I've got an order in on blackjack atm, however - MIGHT change to sweetpea coz the black looks brown to me. (A neighbours daughter has it n it looked brown in the light)

I had a good play with it yeh and I took hubby to see it last week too. I love love love it - and its so pretty compared to baby jogger (shallow I know but so true)

hmm i did see a seat that looked quite brown , i prefer sweetpea but i think it will clash with all the pink blankets and clothes etc.

i cant find a pink liner for the peach anywhere , i might see if my mum can make me one lol

You have just made my mind up too, I was undecided between the two, the only thing putting me off the I candy is that the carry cot faces away when the other seat is on but I have plenty of time to decide. we have only just found out we are expecting (I was just really sad looking at them online beforehand lol) so when things are further along I will have a good look at both, but I think the peach will win. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->