icky- sorry

littlebabyboy

Reaction score
sorry but i need help!!!

My OH has what looks like a boil on his leg and the dirty git was picking at it. i only realise this after he had slept in the bed with it exposed against the bed sheets. i'm freaking out because i heard theres a link between boils and mrsa? and mrsa is super dangerous as far as i know. any nurses/medical know is this mrsa and are we all are risk??

Lol pretty sure he's not got MRSA... Does it look infected? Keep it clean and dry, if its weeping pop a gauze over it. If its not settled down in a day or 2, go doctors he may need some antibiotics. Seriously though, don't panic about MRSA. A lot of us have MRSA living in our bodies, it's just one of those things. I've yet to see it infect a simple boil of a healthy man :thumbup:

But apparently boils are caused by the same bacteria that cause mrsa? So confusing.

I'm 99.9% sure it's not MRSA. MRSA is everywhere, its not this big scary superbug unless your already immunosuppressed. I've nursed plenty of patients with it and have never been infected from it x

ah you're a nurse? good!!! :) would it not be dangerous for my 8 month old if she got it as her immune system is immature?

IF it was MRSA, there would be a small chance. But, if it was MRSA presenting as a boil, your OH would be feeling very unwell. Has he been in direct contact with a wound known to have MRSA?

Honestly though, I'd just assume its a boil. If it begins to smell or look infected, go down to your doctor x

sorry just from google it looks like boils are mrsa!! thanks hun!

No worries, google is awful for medical advice tbh. Really scaremongering. I honestly don't even bat an eyelid about MRSA, even when I've been caring for MRSA infected wounds. Keep it clean, dry and covered if its weepy and you should be fine, any sign of infection and go get it checked. I love boils, you've made me wanna go back work now :haha: Sick things nurses enjoy, and popping boils is one of em :winkwink:

i had MRSA after i had DS its only a problem if you have a low immune system - i work in a care home and im surrounded by it constantly unless you have an open wound it would be fine, although it doesnt sound like MRSA x

honestly you need to stop using Google. thousand of people get build every they don't all have Mrsa

what is mrsa though? like what are the symptoms? are they not boils? as i said my OH slept in the bed with the boil exposed (after having picked it) so is the bed contaminated now?

honestly take a deep breath and calm down - i had no symptoms except normal infection symptoms when i had MRSA.

if you are really worried get him to cover it over and wash the bed sheets but really there is no need to worry x

i had MRSA after i had DS its only a problem if you have a low immune system - i work in a care home and im surrounded by it constantly unless you have an open wound it would be fine, although it doesnt sound like MRSA x

did they say you had to be extra cautious around your DS as he was newborn?

The bacteria that cause a boil is staph aureus, which is different to Mrsa methicillin resistant staph aureus. The regular staph aureus isn't Mrsa. As a pp said some of us have Mrsa living in our noses etc and it causes no bother. Try not to worry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->