icky thread about dandruff

MummyMummy

Reaction score
i know dandruff isn't anything dirty... but i always think everyone will think i never shower/wash if i mention it :o soi'm gonna be super brave.

once you have it is that it you get it for life?

i'm asking because mine usually comes and goes :\ comes especially if i haven't washed my hair every other day. sometimes if ijust wash my hair every day it doesn't itch when i know i'm going through a phase. also, if iuse an anti dandruff shampoo 2 or so times i find the itching goes.

i wash my hair every other day and ALWAYS use a straigtening balm/heat protection spray/leave in conditioner and don't straightenit as muh as i used to as idon't goout much anymore. could i be doing something bad in mhy routine to irritate it? if that's possible :| i don't have a set shampoo whatever i get, although they are always brands dove/loreal/tresemme etc etc.

i really hope the itching is dandruff and not headlice as my 3year old started nursery 2 weeks ago and people always say they end up getting them :rofl: oh god, how bad :(

xXx

I really really suffer from it bad.... its my scalp it gets super super dry and its more of a type of psorisis on my scalp though!! You can get proper shampoo, and shampoo on prescription!! Its worth checking for nits though, cos I caught them off my niece a few years ago!!

:hugs: I hate it :(

I always seem to get spells of dandruff if i wash my hair everyday! If i use head and shoulders for a couple of days it normally passes.

There was stuff a few years ago called T Gel which was really good but ive not seen it around for awhile. Its good - but it stinks!

Make sure you are dealing with dandruff and not dry scalp, they are totally different and if you have dry scalp anti dandruff shampoo will make it worse!

I cant help with advice for dandruff but for dry scalp i can help a bit

I have dry scalp and it is flakey sometimes and can be very itchy, but the flakes are white as its just dry skin, if they are a yellowy colour then its generally dandruff,

I find that mild shampoo such as baby shampoo helps, also boots do a great shampoo and conditioner especially for dry scalp. Also another thing that helps is baby oil! rub it on your scalp and then wrap a damp warm towel around your head for a while, this helps add moisture back.

I thought it was dandruff but a Dr told me different and warned me not to use anything too harsh, allow it to dry naturally as often as possible and please totally avoid anything like Head & Shoulders.

Make sure you are dealing with dandruff and not dry scalp, they are totally different and if you have dry scalp anti dandruff shampoo will make it worse!

I cant help with advice for dandruff but for dry scalp i can help a bit

I have dry scalp and it is flakey sometimes and can be very itchy, but the flakes are white as its just dry skin, if they are a yellowy colour then its generally dandruff,

I find that mild shampoo such as baby shampoo helps, also boots do a great shampoo and conditioner especially for dry scalp. Also another thing that helps is baby oil! rub it on your scalp and then wrap a damp warm towel around your head for a while, this helps add moisture back.

I thought it was dandruff but a Dr told me different and warned me not to use anything too harsh, allow it to dry naturally as often as possible and please totally avoid anything like Head & Shoulders.

it's not yellow, it's always been white flakes! but i get really greasy hair if i don't wash it every other day? i always blow dry it as it's so horrid feeling damp on my shoulders. i thought dandruff/flaky scalp was same thing :o

xXx

Yeah i used to think it was the same thing, but after trying every anti dandruff shampoo about i went to the Dr and was told they are 2 different things.

yeah I get proper shampoo form the docs!! smells gross but does the trick :)

I have psoriasis so not the same but as like one of the other posters said baby shampoo is great for dry scalps. I have T-gel and that can be used for dandruff too. I'm sure you can get a citrus one.

I have a really dry scalp. I just tried switching to kids shampoo because it's meant to be more gentle but it doesn't seem to be helping, it drives me mad, especially as my hair is so dark so you can see it really bad xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->