ICP (Cholestasis of the Liver) Gestational

Ashnate

Reaction score
So this is my 3rd pregnancy.
DS August 14th, 2015
DD July 20th, 2016

My first pregnancy I delivered via csection at 38 weeks. I had placenta previa and almost lost him a few times.
My second pregnancy I delivered at 37 weeks and 2 days due to ICP. I found out at 35 weeks after getting a second opinion. My MW refused to test me from 22 weeks until 33 weeks. I had an itching in my hands and feet that were keeping me awake all night long. I was literally suffering. She told me to drink water. If I had gone on to 38 weeks and not listened to my gut my daughter would not have made it.
This time I am 18 weeks pregnant and having some itching again and have already almost lost the baby 2x. My OB up and disappeared from his office 3 weeks ago. He prescribed me progesterone and said it would prevent ICP. He also said I would not deliver until 39 weeks plus because that's the new research.... So me being me I researched. A) Progesterone can make it develop quicker. B) The latest I should be induced is 37 weeks because the still birth rate jumps significantly. The only cure for ICP is delivery.

Now I am biding my time trying to find a new OB. The choice I was going to go with the hospital is NIGHTMARISHLY infested with bed bugs. Literally 10+ out crawling around on chairs and such. So back to the drawing table.

Any suggestions? Any other ICP vets that can give me some advice?

I had ICP with my 2nd pregnancy. The itching started around 15 weeks.. It was just awful. The OB office I went to really had no experience with it, so they referred me to our local Maternal Fetal Medicine office. Is going to a MFM office an option for you? (I still went to the regular OB office for my routine checks.). Will the new OB office you were going to go with deliver at any other hospital, or just the one infested with bed bugs?

Edited to add that I was set to deliver him at 37 weeks due to the cholestasis, but delivery was moved up to 36+2 because I had low fluid.

Last edited:
I had it my second pregnancy as well. Thankfully, I was the ignorant one, and my doctor was the knowledgeable one who monitored me strictly and induced me the day I turned 36 weeks. I hope you can find a doctor like mine. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->