ICSI Journey - Oct 2015

CAV

Reaction score
This is not something I do, sharing personal information on social media. I hope that this will keep my mind busy and help to pass the time. I’ve been ttc for nearly 2 years now. Earlier this year I got so frustrated I had to seek help. After many visits to the doctor’s office, a laparoscopy (ouch!) they came to the conclusion that ICSI is recommended. At first it was a huge shock on our systems, and it even left me in tears. Today I however feel more thankful because at least we are now left with more answers than questions. My journey actually really started in Jan 2014 when I stop using the pill, the reality however only kicked in that faithful day at the doctor’s office. I will start using Lucrin tomorrow, I’m not sure what to expect. I hope that we can share our journey into motherhood together

Hi there! I am on an icsi cycle as well. It's definitely not what I expected our next step to be but here we are. When the time comes will you be doing a fresh or frozen transfer?

Hi
Just wanted to pop in and say good luck. It can be a bit overwhelming but it's great you're getting the help you need. You'll find loads of support on here and lots of lovely ladies going through similar things. Best of luck with your cycle. Any questions, do ask. Xx

Good luck CAV! This is a great support forum so well done for joining, I am sure you will find it helpful.

I am starting my 3rd IVF in November so if you have any questions, ask away, will help if I can!

I've just finished my first ICSI cycle which unfortunately ended in a BFN. Sending you good luck for this cycle.

Any questions about any of the protocol or what to expect, fire away and I'll do my best to answer

xx

I am sorry to hear that your ICSI did not work out for you. It is really something that is making me nervous at this time. I am so afraid that we will not even have some embryos to transfer. I really hope and pray "tinadecember" that you will have some good news soon

We will go for the fresh transfer, and freeze any embryos that there might still be :)

I will go for my second scan on the 19th, I have already started to inject the Gonal- F and Lucrin combination. My husband and I also started to drink some antibiotics. The injections is not bad or terrible for me at all. I have not experienced any mood swings, the only effect I can feel from the injections is a slight headache every other day. My doctor said that I should only take Panado pain killers. The time fly, it is even possible that they will do the egg retrieval on the 23rd Oct, but it all depend on the outcome of Mondays scan! I am super exited

Hi Cav,

Like everyone said, you will get lots of support on here. Its all worth it when you have your bundle of joy. Im doing my first isci having done ivf in the past and im blessed with a beautiful boy. I had my EC 2 days ago, just waiting for that phone call that our embbies are ready to be put back. As for your headaches, please also drink at least 2 litres of water a day as this will also avoid being hyperstimulated.

Doctor saw 12 eggs at my scan, EC will be this Saturday. My trigger shot is tonight at 08:30. I have been guilty of not drinking too much water, I will however assure to take enough water from today.

Lots of luck for ec tomorrow. Keep us posted with fert report.
Xx

They retrieved 14 eggs Saturday, I was under concious sedation, although I cannot remember a thing of the whole process. Embrologist said, they was able to use 12 of the eggs, as they were mature, and they reported on Sunday that 7 of them sucessfully ferilised! I am super exited, but obviously tomorrow will be D- day to hear if they are still going strong. If all went well, they will plant the embies in on Thursday, which is then day 5! I did not felt to well on Saturday after the egg retrieval, but I am now alright and ready for more good news! XXX

Today I received more good news! All 7 of the embies are still going strong. 3 of them look really strong and only 1 develops a bit weaker than the other 6. I will have the transfer on Thursday. Really excited, cannot believe that it is nearly time already!

Hi Cav,

Thats great news!!! I am 8dp5dt and i got my bfp yesterday. Praying that you join me in having a July baby.

2 Day 5 Blastocyst were transferred yesterday! They was able to freeze 1 blast already and will let us know today if there was another one that made it to blast fase, which then will also be frozen. It all feels so unreal, I cannot actually imagine that I might be pregnant at the moment!

@chichifab, Congrats on the good news! I hope I will join you soon

That's great news!!! I had 2 blastocyst transfered too! The fact that you have one or more to freeze is great news!! Congratulations on being PUPO!!! Put your feet up in your 2WW. When is your OTD?

I have to test on 10 November, that is around the corner. I found a very reassuring article this morning (https://blog.drmalpani.com/2013/01/will-my-embryo-fall-out-after-embryo.html?m=1) as I was so worried that the blast can drop/ fall out once transferred! But it seems like all will be fine as long as one take it easy, but not obsessing about that.

10th November won't be long. Are you going to stick it out? Or will test early?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->