Ideas for a HEALTHY dinner?

Night Flower

Reaction score
Good morning ladies,

I have been trying to get my eating habits back onto track. During the first 10 weeks of pregnancy I've gained 10 pounds as I was always hungry. I'm 11weeks and 5 days. The last week or so, my appetite is finally stabling and I can finally eat some normal/healthy foods again. Duringy feeding frenzy 10 weeks, I craved tons and tons of carbs, warm hot carbs! Breads, granola, everything with carbs.

Well now at 11w5d I'm getting ahold of myself.

For breakfast(4:30am) I either have a big bowl of low sugar oatmeal, or two bowls of plain cold cereal(Chex or Cheerios with almond milk). Sometimes I eat a fruit this early.

9am snack is a yogart and a banana and a handful of grapes

12pm Lunch, I eat two vegetarian tacos with veggie meat, beans and lettuce and some cheese.

3pm Another banana and a apple

6pm 2 bagels with cream cheese and chocolate soy milk.

I think everything is good but my dinner! I need some ideas for a new dinner! I'm no longer craving bagels at dinner anymore so I need to change it to something healthy. I was thinking steamed veggies and fish?

Are you a veggie? I am, so my diet, especially my dinner is carb heavy anyway so I'm not sure how much use my suggestions will be. Here goes anyway!

Veggie lasagne and salad
Veggie chilli and rice
Roast veggies with creamy philadelphia sauce and pasta
Spanish omelette
Veggie shepherd's pie
Veggie curry
Soups, soups, soups

Provencal braised lamb *nom nom nom*

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/provencalbraisedlamb_72897

I steam a bunch of veggies, make whole grain brown rice, lentils or quinoa, sometimes beans, sliced avocado and diced tomatoes often. Sometimes I put it in a taco shell, mainly I just put it on a plate. If I need seasoning for flavor I will saute the veggies in tamari w/ honey, cinnamon and whatever seasonings sound appealing. Or you saute it in a vinaigrette that you like.

Oh dear, have just realised all of our dinners are super carb heavy :haha:

Are you a veggie? I am, so my diet, especially my dinner is carb heavy anyway so I'm not sure how much use my suggestions will be. Here goes anyway!

Veggie lasagne and salad
Veggie chilli and rice
Roast veggies with creamy philadelphia sauce and pasta
Spanish omelette
Veggie shepherd's pie
Veggie curry
Soups, soups, soups

I do eat fish several times a week, so I think I'm classified as a pesctarian but otherwise I focus on a vegetarian diet :) And these do sound yummy!

I steam a bunch of veggies, make whole grain brown rice, lentils or quinoa, sometimes beans, sliced avocado and diced tomatoes often. Sometimes I put it in a taco shell, mainly I just put it on a plate. If I need seasoning for flavor I will saute the veggies in tamari w/ honey, cinnamon and whatever seasonings sound appealing. Or you saute it in a vinaigrette that you like.
Ohhhhhh yuummmm!!!

All these dishes sound yum! I've recently pulled out my slow cooker and as it's getting colder I'm going to start making some healthy stews and soups with lots of chunky veg. I'm not a vegetarian but I do love veggie dishes!

No help here. I'm still too weak to stop eating majorly unhealthy food which is awful as i'm usually so healthy. Go you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->