Ideas for a winter wedding!

counting

Mama of 4, growing #5
Reaction score
To sum up the situation here is something I posted elsewhere:

Me and DH got together in 2009, and we decided to get married May 2011. At the time we were dirt poor and decided to head over to the statistics office and sign some paperwork and do something which was essentially what is a civil union to Americans. We never had a wedding or any kind of celebration, which worked for us, but there has been times where I wished we had. Last night we celebrated my birthday(Its actually Friday but DH works). When we got home from a nice day out with Joey to the movies and lunch, SO called me into his office. He had the lights out, candles everywhere and was holding a red rose. He gave a beautiful speech about how much he loved me, then he got down on one knee, pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him, the right way this time. It was amazing, I had Joey in my arms and we all knelt down on the floor together while he gave us both a kiss, and I put on my ring. So I suppose I have a wedding to plan! It was totally unexpected and I feel pretty emotional right now, even though we have technically been married for over 2 years. A beautiful surprise from my amazing partner in crime.

Now that you have the back story, on to the good stuff! We don't want to wait long for the wedding( we have already been waiting for over 2 years). We have come up with two dates we like: The first date is Feb 1st, 2014. We like this one because it is the day we first started dating. We wanted to have May 2nd, 2014, as it is the day we got our civil union, but it isn't a Saturday. The other date we like is January 1st! We were thinking of having a big New Years Eve party, then timing everything so that we end up doing the kiss at midnight, followed by more party.

Challenges I foresee with a winter wedding:
Cold
We live in a very snowy, unpredictable climate.
What to do for pictures

Now we need to figure out basically everything else. We want a fairly affordable wedding, nothing to break the bank. We obviously want to include our son in the wedding, we thought ring bearer(someone would carry him up), but I also thought of us holding him at the altar so it will be the three of us up there.

Help ladies! I need your thoughts and ideas!

Awwwwww that sounds so romantic! congratulations and STALKING!

That does sound very romantic, I think photos in the snow would be fab! You could maybe do a church wedding then go onto maybe a nice pub or country house and have a hot buffet instead of a sit down meal? If you go with an earlier wedding you are more likely to get discount because Its out of season and not too far away! Not sure they would let you hold your son at the alter but maybe a close relative/friend could stand right at the front with him and could have your rings? Good Luck with it xxx

1st of feb is a great day to get married ;-)

We had a winter wedding in December 2010 and it ended up snowing, caused a bit of a nightmare but our photos are beautiful, it made our day so special and everyone comments on them. It's lovely having something a bit different :)

Firstly id like to say congratulations :) secondly, I started planning a NYE wedding and booked everything for this year in advance. Earlier this year everything I booked started to ring me saying as it's NYE they were putting the price up. The catering wanted another £700 the Dj wanted £900 for 5 hours and to bring his family, the venue wanted double. It was a joke and we decided to change the date. We are now getting married May 16th for normal price range, just something to consider if your wanting NYE. Good luck planning

Congrats :flower:

For cold I would wear something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lovely-Elegant-Warm-Bolero-High-Neck-Long-Sleeve-Soft-Faux-Fur-Shrug-2013-Wedding-Bridal-Jacket/835843258.html It keeps you warm plus your adrenalin is high too so you shouldn't be cold.

For pictures I'd go ice-skating somewhere outside. It gives magnificent pictures, especially when it's snowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->