Ideas for using up EBM

A

asacia

I wondered if any more experienced ladies had any suggestions for using up my old EBM stash?

I assumed it would be used for feeds, but I've not given LO a bottle, so I've got lots of 100ml containers of milk.

After defrosting, it has to be used within 24 hours, but I can't think what I'd do with all that milk, if he is still mainly breastfed.

How much would be used on cereal for a 6-9 month old?

Any other ideas of what I can do with it?

(I'm not able to donate it)

I used ebm for making up breakfasts, if i remember rightly it was a little less than 3oz but then my LO eats loads for breakfast. Just experiment you'll soon find the right balance

Cereals and Baby rice made with expressed milk are the best ways to use it up. My son has about 60-90 mL in his right now but he is only 6 months so I would think you could us the entire 100 mL by 9 months. If you give a bowl of porriage in the morning and a bowl of baby rice at night you could probably get use out of the entire bag early on.

I also used expressed milk to prepare baby sweet potatoe and potatoe purees but I am not sure if you would be able to freeze them if you make them with defrosted expressed milk.

Fruit smoothies and shakes?

Cereal?

xx

I used mine for making up babyfood, like sweet potatoes, squash..to help thin it out while pureeing

BM ice lollies? Don't know if you can defrost then freeze again though...prob not?

BM ice lollies? Don't know if you can defrost then freeze again though...prob not?

No, you shouldn't refreeze once defrosted:nope:

As the others suggested, just use it to mix with cereal, add to other foods down too like carrot purees etc and then use a bit of baby rice to thicken it if you need to:thumbup:

Lol thanks I thought not! I read a think last week about freezing it in ice lolly moulds and thought it was a good idea. Said it was good for teething babies.

:)

Mashed potato, thinning purees down, custard, cereal.

Lasagne or Macaroni Cheese. Make the cheese sauce up with EBM :D

Once he eats egg yolks, you can mash them up with some EBM

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"