identical twins, reduced amniotic fluid

FsMummy

single mum to 4 cuties
Reaction score
hi. as some of you know, i am having identical twin girls :cloud9: and have to go to london every 2 weeks for scans to check thier fluid levels, blood flow etc as they are at risk for developing twin to twin transfusion syndrome.
i went for my scan as usual this week (22+3) and they said everything was fine but afterwards when i was waiting for them to give me my notes she came back out and said that there is a discrepancy in the amniotic fluid around one twin which is a sign that they could be developing ttts :cry: i am so worried. theyve said ive got to go back in a week instead of two weeks so they can check more closely. they have always been perfect at every scan so far so im quite shocked (even tho i have been prepared for it to happen as i always knew the risks). the woman who done the scan was doing it completely on her own (including having to stop to put measurements in the pc) whereas there are usually 2 or 3 ppl in the room and it took her forever to get the measurements so im praying she was just rushing and got it wrong or something. they said its a very minor discrepancy at the moment so they are just being careful but i am so so worried :( is there anything that i can do to make sure it doesnt get worse? i doubt it but i had to ask :( thanks for reading my ramblings ladies :hugs:

awww hun, hope all is ok when you go for your next scan. will be keeping my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

I can't offer any advice, but just wanted to wish you all the best :hug:

Oh hun, I'm so sorry
I know it's easier said than done, but try to stay positive, it could be nothing - they are probably just keeping a much closer eye on you because you're having twins.
I went for a private gender scan at the weekend and they also told me I have reduced amnio fluid and the baby has a small head - I was totally stressing and in tears all weekend, but I feel more positive now - they just say it to be safe, my hospital is seeing me on tuesday now and we'll see where to go from here. But after a couple of days feeling sorry for myself, I've just told myself I have a mini-me in there, so she WILL be a fighter and until there is anything I can do, I'm going to try to stay positive nad send happy hormones to my baby to help her grow and to make her pee more!!!!!
I've been trying to drink more liquid too.
Good luck for next week
xx

Sorry I can't offer any advice but just want to say, stay strong and I hope all goes well at your next scan, my fingers are crossed for you, take care :hugs: XX

No advice from me either - sorry but hope everything turns out ok :hugs:

wishing u all the best hun, ive no idea wot happens with this hun , am sure they will monitor u super closley xxx

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I never had twins but i did go from 22cm of fluid to 2cm in a week.....:( They tried to push iv fluids to increase the levels..but the next day i didnt have any...So they took baby out at 30weeks.

Now i know alot of women's fluid levels go up and down and lets hope and pray that they go back up!!:) Try to drink TONS and rest lots!!!!

I will keep you and your little girls in my prayers sweetie. Lots of hugs being sent your way!

thank you all for your kind comments. 10thSept good luck with your appointment on tuesday, i hope everything is ok with ur lil bubba. gab, i have already started drinking like a fish today lol i am just praying that they are being overly cautious. how are you feeling hun, i hope you are getting plenty of rest (and cuddles from your boys :))i will update this thread as soon as i know what is going on x

Please go to the TAMBA website and explain there what is happening, my fiends twin boys survived ttts only due to advice from the experts on there. Thinking of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->