Idk if this is normal

justonemore31

Reaction score
My urine is very dark BROWN...Not even yellow but brown like maple syrup? Or even root beer? Sorry tmi it also has a weird smell. No pain when going but I urinate once a day seriously. I am drinking so I don't get what the issue here is. Anyone else? I read something about kidney or liver issues. I do have liver hemangiomas which are blood filled tumors but I've had them for 9 yrs or maybe longer. Lately since I've been pregnant my spleen has been hurting but they wont do anything bc I'm pregnant. I'm not sure if any of this is connected. I'm just in pain one and off and my pee is so dark and I only go once a day.

You should see a Dr about that. It could be a UTI. I've had UTIs before with no urine related symptoms (no painful urination at all) and the only way it was found out by a urine analysis. Definitely go soon, hun.

My appt is tomorrow so I will bring it up to them then. Thank you girls. I just wanna know what's causing it.

@justonemore31 - Are you taking medications? I know there is a list of medicines that can cause brown urine and maybe they are making it hard to pee for you?

I've been on levothyroxine for thyroid since July of last year and never had this issue and im taking b6 every so often now and the zofran 3x a day. My doc office called and had to reschedule my appt for tomorrow to Thursday so I have to wait a few days before speaking to my doctor .

Yes but I've been drinking alot of water today and my urine looks lighter. Maybe I wasnt drinking enough?

@justonemore31 Perhaps not. Maybe you can try to keep waterbottles on you so you can tell how many ounces you are actually getting. I do that :)

You were likely dehydrated. Around this time, your body is making literally 50% more blood and fluids in general. If you aren't drinking enough to keep up the demand for baby, then it'll take from mom and leave you dehydrated. I drink as much as I can with my nausea, and my urine is still super dark. Just keep trying! Your body needs LOTS of fluids right now.

Ive been drinking more and my urine is getting lighter thank God

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->