IE Users: Operation Aborted

StirCrazy

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I am trying to track down the cause of the 'Operation Aborted' error some users are getting.

Please make a note in here when you get this error.

Will do....but to be honest.... there is no reason I can see...so far as to why it pops up. It usually happens when I go to get new, or after I post a message, or click on a new page of a thread.

I was posting a link in this thread

https://www.babyandbump.com/general-chatter/151305-garden-plant-slugs.html

I posted quick reply then went Get new and got the Op. Aborted message.

I got it a lot until I switched to firefox. Now I have not gotten it since.

I get it when I use my mums laptop, she has windows vista. I dont get it on my pc and I use windows xp.

I just got it again. Had my unread posts open and clicked on page 2

I get it several times throughtout the day, saw the previous thread on it and tried using my AOL browser and it happened there a few times too

I get this pretty much every day, for no apparant reason; ie after both reading and posting and going to change page. When I click 'back' the required page immediately loads with no problem.

I use IE on Windows Vista too.

I had at least 4 or 5 this morning within the space of 5 mins, haven't had any this evening though, does seem to be completely random!

Just a quick note, I just got this same message when using Map Quest. So maybe its just a IE thing and not a BnB thing?

I get this often and I'm on Vista with IE as well, doesn't seem to be after anything in particular, just randomly

I get this randomly as well at home and at work, at home I'm running Vista at work I think it is XP or 2000. I have also got it with other web pages so I agree with Suz that it might not just be a BnB thing.

Just bookmarking this thread then i may remember about it.

I'm on vista home basic and use I.E if that's any help.

I'm using IE with Windows XP. I get the message fairly regularly when I open a thread but refreshing the page sorts it out. Thought it was just me and my dodgy wireless connection =)

I get this too, but not just on here-other sites too.

We've got vista, and using IE.

keely.

when you all say you 'get' this. I need to know if you have got it today (I've made changes since yesterday).

Stu... I have not gotten this today at all on here... Just on Mapquest through IE. But so far so good on BnB.

I've not had it today either... now you mention it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->