If I had a £1 coin for the ammount of people yesterday who asked me...

charlotteb24

Noah & William's Mummy
Reaction score
When I was going to have baby number 2 I'd be £5 better off!

I'm not joking I had a day of people asking me almost the same question! "so how olds your little boy now?" then oh really?! Hasn't time flown he's not a baby anymore, when's the next one on it's way?

Is it pretty normal then for people to have another baby when their first is about 14 months? Or ttc number 2 around then? They seemed pretty shocked when o said possibly not for another year!

My OH said it was the done thing to have about 1.5/2 yees between children and was hinting that is what we should do but it's made me so undecided now!! I thought we had it all planned lol!

Don't worry, seems that alot of people get this.

People have been asking me for years - my DS is 6!

Does get a bit annoying especially if you are actually trying but obviously don't want to tell folk.

Don't let anyone pressure you into thinking that you should be TTC one now, you have to be sure that it is what you want and not because it is expected. Also, enjoy your little one while you can, they are so much fun at that age and grow up very quickly.

I know the feeling. I dont have any children, but the minute I got married, everyone asks, 'whens the kiddies coming along then?' Instead of asking 'would you like to have any children first! Its quite annoying.

I suppose its when you feel ready, or you may have an ideal gap in mind. My friend is waiting another 3 yrs until her little one is in full time school before she has her 2nd.

I totally know what you mean!

My little boy is one and a half and I have been getting these sort of questions for absolutely months now! I suppose people are just excited, especially if they are family or good friends and everyone likes good news like a new baby on the way. However, it can be a bit annoying - especially, if you are considering ttc and like Reds said, you don't want people to know, what do they expect you to say - 'well, I am going to be bding tonight in the hope of a new arrival, just popping to the chemist to buy my folic acid and opks now.'

I do think most people who ask you are just excited, but I think people need to watch what they say as it can really upset people. For example, if someone has been trying for a while and not been successful or if someone has just had a miscarriage. I remember when I was ttc my son, a few months before I had had an early miscarriage and was quite cut up about it. As I had just got married a few months before, so many people kept asking me about when we were going to try for a baby. One woman at my work even said, 'you should think about trying for a baby soon as you have just turned 30.' I mean, how rude! I was upset enough about the miscarriage as it was. I try my best now not to say things like,'oh when is baby number two coming along' because you never know what someone is going through.

Good luck to you all when you do decide to ttc number two - we are going to start next month! Hopefully we will get a BFP really quickly, so we can say, 'well actually...baby number two will be here in six months!'

xxx

Aw thanks ladies! I'm glad i'm not the only one! It's thoughtless on their part in a way but in anther way it's nice that they care! I want to wait another year really before we start trying so I will be about for a while! It was just really starting to bug me the sheer amount of comments lterally all in 1 shift too! It was crazy!

I wish all of you ladies the best of luck when the time is right for you :) xxx

You're definitely not the only one honey! I've been getting these questions for the past couple of months - particularly at work.

We're lucky - my parents never asked the "when are you two going to make grandparents of us?" questions. As my mom said once we were expecting Alyssa - she knew all along that Chris and I wanted a family, and she figured we were either waiting because we wanted to, or because we were trying to conceive and just didn't feel like discussing that with anyone else. Turns out we were waiting to have a few years together just the 2 of us first, but it was lovely that my parents were so considerate of our feelings! Wish everyone was like that.... people sure can be nosy (even though they mean well!)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->