If I have Regular Cycles, is it possible that I am not ovulating?

despederata

Reaction score
Hi sorry if this is a dumb qn...

I have regular 26 - 28 day cycles with AF showing up every month. Is it possible then that I don't ovulate anyway?

(I am just searching for a possible reason as to why I can't seem to catch that egg! :nope:)

:flower: Thanks for any insights!

it is possible, but not likely...chart you BBT is the only way to know if you ov or not. (besides doctors blood tests and ultrasounds) you can use OPKs to see if you get a surge, but that still wont tell you if you OV'd or not...sorry hun, wish i had more help!

ooh thanks hun...

I have all these vaguely remembered factoids from science class about how the release of an egg triggers this and that hormone (FSH? LH?) which therefore thickens your uterine lining and if the egg is not fertilised, the hormone levels drop and you get AF...

So I was thinking if I get AF, that means my uterine lining thickened and that would mean an egg was released.. :wacko:

BUT if an egg was released, why why why don't I catch it? :growlmad:

maybe your timing is off? do you get stretchy sticky clear cervical fluid around the time you think you ovulate? are you timing 14-16 days before you period? there are tons of factors that can go wrong...

i was going by 'normal' 14 lp and having sex when i thought i ovulate..
when infact i have late ovulation and need to be having sex days before ovulation.

There's all sorts of other reasons why you are not catching the egg. Your tubes could be blocked, your lp is too short (needs to be 10 days or more), you don't have good ewcm, your OH's swimmers is not good enough.

Do you chart temps?

Thanks for your thoughts everyone!

I don't chart temps right now - trying to be slowly incremental about the number of things I do so that I always have hope (I know, I know...) - so last cycle I tried soy, this cycle I will try soy and preseed, and so on..

Loads to try!

if you and other half are up to it, forget about 'fertile' times etc and just have sex every other day for entire cycle for a couple months using preseed and soy and whatever.

Unfortunately OH isn't -that- up for it (we tried on CD5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16 and he was exhausted!) but yes, I think we'd have to do that going forward! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->