If insurance doesn't cover it, how much does Clomid usually cost per month?

Coolstar

Reaction score
My insurance does not cover anything to do with infertility.I would be starting Clomid from next cycle.How much could one expect to pay? Any help appreciated.Thanks in advance.

My insurance does not cover anything to do with infertility.I would be starting Clomid from next cycle.How much could one expect to pay? Any help appreciated.Thanks in advance.

You know, mine did not cover anything related to infertility either, however when I went to the pharmacy, this prescription (and the Femara the next month) were both covered and the generics were the regular generic price of $10. I was thrilled, hope you will find the same thing.

Thanks gryphongrl.I see you are expecting, congrats.Just wanted to know did you go with the generic brand and how many rounds did you take before getting bfp.

Depends on the pharmacy. Call around and search for the best price. They will tell you the price over the phone. Also as your dose goes up so does the cost:) Hope it works for you!

Thanks gryphongrl.I see you are expecting, congrats.Just wanted to know did you go with the generic brand and how many rounds did you take before getting bfp.

Thanks. Yes, I did go with the generic brand. We did one cycle of clomid with two IUIs, but unfortunately the clomid gave me huge cysts instead of great follicles. So I took a month off to let that resolve, and then the doctor switched me to Femara (I also used the generic of this - it's another follicle stimulating drug), with two IUIs. For some people that don't respond great to clomid, femara can work well and it was also cheap on my insurance. That cycle it worked, so really we got a BFP on our second cycle of treatment (besides the month off). That was with "unexplained infertility" and after 9 or 10 months of trying on our own. We did have to pay out of pocket for the IUIs. I know you'll get your BFP very soon, I am very very optimistic about these treatments as I met lots of women at the office that were there for their second child. You'll be pregnant soon :thumbup:

I don't know if mine does or not, but I was prescribed Letrozole which is only off label for fertility, so they should cover it. It is a breast cancer drug which I'm sure they would cover. Maybe you could ask for that instead.

gryphongrl: Can you pls tell me how much did it cost you for IUI? Even i am thinking about it.Really appreciate your help and wish you H&H 9 months :)

I don't know if mine does or not, but I was prescribed Letrozole which is only off label for fertility, so they should cover it. It is a breast cancer drug which I'm sure they would cover. Maybe you could ask for that instead.

Yes, Letrozole! That's the name I couldn't come up with. It's the Femara generic and like Amjon said, it's an off-label use so they don't even know it's for infertility.

Coolstar, no problem on costs. We did "bookended" IUIs which means you do one right before ovulation and one right after. Each instance had a $450 cash price. So, $900 a month for two months or $1800 total. So basically all in all we paid $1800 plus our insurance deductible for the year (because there is a lot of monitoring / diagnostic testing pre-IUI that usually IS covered by insurance), but remember if you plan ahead you can pay it all out of your FSA or HSA and save some money on your income taxes.

From what I found, you can feel free to talk to the office manager about payments and pricing. They are very willing to work with you and it was not an awkward conversation at all.

I hard a hard time getting pregnant the first time. 4 years. I heard about clomid from a friend & I have tried it. Then I got pregnant. Using clomid. My insurance didn't cover clomid.
So happy :p:mrgreen: I have found this website \\:D/ and got domperidone with promocode "GET10"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"