If one more person asks me if I am having twins...

Silverwing

Reaction score
I am going to remove my shoe and beat them round the head!

To all those who feel they have to comment (none of you lovely ladies, just people in general)

Seriously, yes my bump is big. Please stop making me feel like a mega elephant.
No I'm not about to drop, I have 8 weeks left.

What is worse is that even the Midwife's have started commenting with 'gosh, that is an impressive bump' 'wow, you've gotten massive!'.

Anyone else experience this? I feel like such a numpty after hankering for a bigger bump when I was 23 weeks.

I was just discussing this with a friend. She had it with her son but then also when she was having twins and she said even then it was annoying!

I had this loads with my last baby but not so much this time.

If you are going to beat someone with your shoe can you make sure you film it?

Nope, I was the opposite! I left work at 37 weeks and someone asked me why I was leaving! :haha: seriously! I said I'm off on mat leave! "when are you due? You must have loads of time left?"
Jeez, guess they really just thought I'd reeeeeeally let myself go! :cry: xx
https://www.cafepress.co.uk/evilgeniusstore.390296199 feel we should all get one free with every positive pregnancy test. :) :hugs: xx

grrr me too! but even worse i worked in a restaurant and the blinking customers who i had never met before were asking me!

one actually said and i quote "are you having twins .. NO! JESUS CHRIST! lets hope he comes out with no clothes on! not saying you are fat or anything because your face arms and arse are fine just jesus christ look at that! are you ready to pop? you're only 20 weeks! JESUS CHRIST"

humpf

I saw someone I used to work with at the weekend, and was asked if I was having twins too as I looked "massive". Have these people just never seen a pregnant woman before or something? what do they expect? us all to have tiny perfect little bumps like the celebs seem to? grrrrrrr!

OMG how spooky! I was going to post the same thread today!!!

I've was so upset this weekend because I was bridesmaid for my best friend and for the first time in weeks I felt good about myself. I was in a lovely dress, my hair and make up professionally done. I post bump pics every week so posted my special bump pink in my fancy dress and some complete dickhead asked if it was twins! Way to make me
feel fabulous you a-hole!

What do these people expect us to look like? I'm 8 months pregnant FFS! I have a human being inside my body, I'm not going to look like I've had a big dinner am I?????

I've been getting these comments since 20 weeks from my bitchy aunties:

@20 weeks 'God you're massive and you've got ages to go yet haha' (err Fck off you horror)
@ 29 weeks in front of my entire family at a party 'Laura, you're too big *shakes head*...you're just too big' (WTF????)
@32 weeks *with a look of disgust at my bump* 'Laura, have they told you it's going to be a big baby'?

Then the skeletal obstetric physio bitch at 33 weeks telling me 'you're clearly carrying a large pregnancy' and laughed at me when I told her I was measuring a week behind on my dates. (I told my MW this and she told me I should have told the physio to fck off :haha:)

And again at this wedding last weekend, this drunk guy asked when I was due, so I tell him 7th July and he looks at me in horror 'but that's 2 months away, you're HUGE!!!!' and he wouldn't believe me when I corrected him that no it was 5 weeks away and kept insisting it was 2 months and that I was huge.

I think when I post my next bump picture on FB I will put a disclaimer:
To anyone who thinks that I'm massive, or I'm too big, or that I look like I'm having a big baby, or that I look like I'm having Twins....first of all you're fucking stupid. I'm 8 months pregnant and I'm *meant* to have a big bump. Second of all, if any of you feel the need to continue to tell me the above comments then I will waddle over there and beat you over your stupid heads with your own shoes. I have hormones and I am NOT afraid to use them douchebags!

Yes I have =[ it really gets to me, and I'm measuring exactly right and still fit size 8 jeans (though painfully). I think some people just don't know what a pregnant woman looks like.

I'm the opposite.. I'm hardly showing at all.. I can get away with hiding it completely and I get the comments.. are you sure you're pregnant and you haven't just been eating a bit too much.. I'd rather have the big bump comments :(

aw bless you hun, i hate that it only takes one person to undo all that good feeling, i am the same i let people bother me too stupid drunk guy

another story from me, when i was 4 weeks gone 4 WEEKS GONE i told my family (it was christmas day i had been trying for a long time i was excited couldnt wait 3 months lol) my grandad turned to me and said yeah well i thought you were i was looking at your belly and though either she is fat or thats pregnany, nice bump. 4 . . . .WEEKS . . . FLUFFING . . . GONE

no no, no no, that IS fat but thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"