If you confirm ovulation with temps or ultrasound, how long after +OPK do you O?

Isme

Reaction score
Just as the title says, I'm curious to know when everyone (who can confirm actual ovulation within a reasonable amount of certainty) ovulates after receiving their first positive OPK?

I do not track my temperature, and don't have a doctor checking anything, but my CM doesn't seem to dry up until about 48 hours after my first positive OPK. I am taking this to mean that ovulation isn't complete until 2 days after, but the Fertility Friend app seems to think that ovulation should be happening the next day. I know there is a range of when it can occur, but I'm curious to see what the most common span of time is. :flower:

If I get my first positive OPK on CD13, I will ovulate on CD15 (confirmed by temps). I start using OPKs on CD11 just to be sure, and will sometimes get a second positive OPK on CD14 as well.

All that said, CM will go watery to egg-white on CD11, and will be egg white one day after O as well. So for me, that's 72 hours after my first positive OPK that my CM will dry up or turn sticky.

If I get my first positive OPK on CD13, I will ovulate on CD15 (confirmed by temps). I start using OPKs on CD11 just to be sure, and will sometimes get a second positive OPK on CD14 as well.

All that said, CM will go watery to egg-white on CD11, and will be egg white one day after O as well. So for me, that's 72 hours after my first positive OPK that my CM will dry up or turn sticky.

Wow. Thank you for sharing! So you do ovulate on the longer end of the range, but your CM doesn't dry up until some time after that... I was under the impression that your CM started drying up just about immediately after ovulation. Glad to hear that's not necessarily true. :D

Hi there,

This cycle i got my 1 positive opk on day of ovulation & that was it, confirmed with temp shifts, last cycle it was positive opk day before, day of ovulation & the following morning, that eve it was negative, but straight after ovulation within hrs my cm dries right up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->