If you could choose, what would you pick?

oh 8 sounds like a picture of happiness...I think big families are great, my mom is one of 12 and as adults they're so close and supportive of each other. I guess most people just can't afford big families anymore, yet in the "old" days people had so much less than we do now but somehow they managed (post ww I &II).

sometimes I wonder if it isn't all media hype and societal pressure that creates the belief that you have to have X,Y,Z or a 5-6 digit salary to have a fulfilling family/lifestyle..while the alternative, less is more may in fact be better for kids in this techno/materialist world,kwim?

milty I like the sweethearts in your signature.

Peace: Thanks! we have been togather forever but I love that man the same now as when we first got married!!

Funny my grandmother had 12 kids as well. My mom and her twin were the youngest but they are all still very close today even though they were born over 24 years.

Hi,
When I first began to want kids it was 4 - 2 boys and 2 girls.
Now my ideal would be a boy and girl.
I see myself more with a girl but have been told recently I would have a boy. Hard to visualize for some reason as recently all my ttc dreams were of a girl.
:flower:

I guess I'd like twins, boy and girl :oneofeach: because I think we're only going to do this the once. My OH is an only child and I know he'd have loved brothers or sisters (his mum was 42 when she had him.) He did have a foster brother for a while though. We already have a name for a boy, it keeps getting added to when my OH thinks of people he really admires. If we have a boy he's going to have the longest name ever :haha:.

I will add you to my wonder twin gene dust

:dust:

muhahaha you say that now....

but then when you end up with 3 sets of twins you will be kicking my arse...:gun::gun:

Peace: Thanks! we have been togather forever but I love that man the same now as when we first got married!!

aww, that's awesome milty :cloud9: may it always be that way for you.

I admire you ladies going for twins, don't I could measure up to it but it is very cute!

oh I'm not going for twins...not really

I just know that if I actually ever manage to get PG the odds for me could be higher...funny I've never been told what they actually could be...

oh I'm not going for twins...not really

I just know that if I actually ever manage to get PG the odds for me could be higher...funny I've never been told what they actually could be...

You are more likely to have twins if you are over 35 or have a close family relative that has/is a twin. Meaning sister or mother.

My SIL has a set. Her mother was a twin.

My girlfriend has 2 sets of twins. No family connection to that one.

I'm not sure, but I think that the average chance for anyone is 3%. That's unassisted. Those that have a set already, are more likely to have another set.

My mother and grandmother are both twins

Both my grandmother and her twin had 3 sets of twins of which a couple had more twins.

Another one of my grandmothers sisters who was also a twin had triplets...

I honestly can't keep it all straight

None of my sisters had twins but all were finished having kids by 26 for that very reason...

Wow Milty, then I'd be biting my nails til my first ultrasound, lol.

My great-grandmother had 2 sets of twins. But, both my grandmother and myself have turned out to be less than fertile mertile. So even though it wouldn't be my ideal, I really am not concerned about spontaneously conceiving twins.

I also forgot to add that if I could pick, I would put all of the same gender in a row.
So, I'd have boy-9, boy-7, boy-5, girl-3, girl-newborn.
I am missing the 5 year old and the newborn. :haha:

now if I actually ever got pg I might be really interested in the ultrasound but right now I'm not really worried. Even if I did have twins I'm ok with it now.

Both my grandmother and her twin had 3 sets of twins of which a couple had more twins.

None of my sisters had twins but all were finished having kids by 26 for that very reason...

Wow:blue::blue::blue::pink::pink::pink:!

I wonder were they identicals or fraternals? I read a study where alot of fraternal twins were from O'ing more than once. I suppose there could be a genetic tendency to O more than once a cycle. They found this by looking at ultrasounds and seeing a difference in dating early on.

all are fraternal...most were boy girl the only girl girl were my mom & her twin and my grandmother & her twin...oddly there were no boy boy:shrug:

:haha:

I'm a high "risk" for twins, too. Twins in every generation in my family, both sides. All fraternal, except for my aunt and her twin who died (back in the RH- days), and my cousin who has twin girls.

wow from the ladies I know on this thread that were successful it seems like you were correct in getting what you wanted/thought you would get!!!!

mine was there!!!! Look back LOL

said Boy/girl twins HAHAHAHA

LOL yeah I just saw it:hugs::hugs:

So Sus, Sarah, Suma and Googly got what they thought. Not sure if Natsby has girl/boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->