If you could would you...

daddiesgift

Mom of Two
Reaction score
If you could would you try to breast feed again? Maybe try and get milk supply up if you werent dry yet? Go back and time and not stop breast feeding?

If you could would you try to breast feed again? Maybe try and get milk supply up if you werent dry yet? Go back and time and not stop breast feeding?

for me no. As heartbreaking as the decision was I knew I didn't have the mental strength to relactate. The reason i stopped was because i felt i was more of a mother to the pump than my own child. So I put down the pump and picked up my baby. It was hard for a long time- but everytime i felt bad about it I got down on the floor and played with her. Focusing on her and her milestones was far more rewarding than breastfeeding her.

I would have said yes when Noah was a bit younger but now he is nearly 7 months he seems so big to me a proper boy I wouldn't feel right breast feeding him the age he is. He just seems too big lol x

I wouldnt personally. I never had the supply for dd (NICU and not being able to pump soon enough) and had so much resentment flung my way for not attempting to "starve her to make her force my supply up" (yes, that was real advice they tried to push me) I dont feel the way about bfing I did whilst pregnant with dd. I was honestly grateful when I developed a medical condition between pregnancies where I was told bfing may not be in my best interests.

Though I truly believe that if my area wasn't so militant in its bfing approach I wouldnt feel this way. A good friend of mine who exclusively bfed find herself exceptionally mad at it too so I know I'm not just bitter either! Well I am, but understandably so.

Nope - I think everything happens for a reason and to make us into the people we are... and I'm rather fond of the small giggly person as she is! "If only" and "what if" are not nice games to play but very good ways of torturing yourself for a long time.

No. I loved bf and an glad I did it for 4 months, but it is so good to be able to know my baby will be satisfied for 3 , sometimes 4 hours as a time rather than getting my boob out every hour (sometimes more). Its nice to have a kind of routine and its lovely seeing my husband feeding her. I know I still have a bit of milk left and could re lactate if I really really wanted, but I dont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->