If you have had a C section already?

Jake_1

1 boy & 1 Girl - Perfect!
Reaction score
Just wondering if there were any other ladies out there like me who have had a C section for their first and would love to have natural for their second (or subsequent) baby.

I'm so nervous that I'll not get that chance again this time and have to have another C section as I would love to give it a go naturally.

*May I also add that first and foremost I want a healthy happy baby and if I have to have another C section to get this then I do not mind at all - its the result I'm after not how I get there, but would really like to experience a natural birth*

x

I had a c section for my first and was scared into it for my second. If you are able to try for a natural birth this time... in my opinion... I would definately go for it. That is a huge experience that I will never be able to have, and will always regret. If I could go back I would not have listened to my obgyn who is pro c section and would have talked to my doctor first.
All the best with your decision!
xxxx

My last experience was horrible. I tried to deliver naturally and well the epi only took on one side of my body. I pushed for 2 hours and couldn't get the baby out. His head was too big. Went for emergency c-section. They told me my guy could be in there with me. Well, turns out that when they re-did the meds to numb me for the surgery they didn't take. I could feel them pinching my tummy!!! This meant they had to put me completely under. That meant that my guy couldn't be in the room because they needed another staff member to monitor me. I remember waking up on the table and they said I had a baby boy. I couldn't talk or move, just felt soooo sick. I ended up tossing cookies all over the blue sheet in front of me. Just lovely. Shortly thereafter they wheeled me into a room and there was my little one. Just so beautiful!!!!

I'm hoping for a more peaceful experience this time.

I have 2 friends who had to have emergency c-sections for their first babies and were told they could go natural for the second, but that there was a higher risk of the uterus tearing during delivery where the previous scar was. They both opted to have c-sections the second time as to not undergo the extra risk.

It depends on the reason for your c-section first time round if u can have the chance of a natural birth this time round.

I had a c-section with my child, and for my 2nd I would like to go for natural birth but I'll go for whatever is safest for baby and I.

The reason for my c-section with my 1st was failure to progress due to baby being in OP position. My labour was long,painful and tiring. 3 days after contractions started they eventually got a DR in to acess me and was sent for emergency section. I had to have a spinal as my epidural had lost its effect by this point but the section was fine, I dont feel I lost anything from having a section such as not being able to bond with my baby or feeling like I failed...hopefully this time baby will stay in better position and we can try natural birth but we'll see :) xx

I have an emergancy section with my son 16 months ago and will be opting for natural delivery today. The statistics show that it is far safer to have a vbac than to have another section. And the chance of membrane rupture is 1 in 200.

I was asked if I wanted a home birth, but have decided to go into hospital to deliver just in case. The only thing they wont allow you to do is deliver in water.

I think if you are worried then speak to your midwife, as I am worried how my scar will take ect... and how it may effect delivery and pushing etc. But there are some wonderful stories about on google about women who have successfully had vbac.

But I think there are certain things, and if they happen they will take you straight for a section. For example if baby is breech after 36 weeks... or if you have pre eclampsia etc xx

Im worried about my scar too, even now over 3 years on it still feels strange to touch, I dont like touching it or anything, so ive no idea what it will feel like when baby starts pushing around that area...does anyone know what its supposed to feel like? Can u even feel it or does it just feel normal?

hiya hunni i have had 2 emergancy sections and my consultant and midwife are happy for me to try vbac-2 as long as i go into labour my self, they say my scar was good at my last section, if i was you i would go for it hun xxxxx

Thanks girls. My c sect was emergency as when they administered the epidural it made my sons heart rate drop evey time I had a contraction. He was also presenting posterior which made everything harder and more painful also.
My obgyn said that some babies do not respond well to epi drugs, as mine did, and said there is more than a 50% chance the subsequent babies will not respond well to it either so if I want to have a VBAC I will most likely need to do it drug free!!! That scares me a little but I really want to try it. I don't feel in anyway that I missed out on anything (e.g bonding) by having my son by Caesar - I guess I'd just like to experience it naturally also. x

I think you definately have to do what is right for you and baby. I never felt that I missed out on anything as far as bonding with my babies... but I have never experienced labor. I had a c section with my first because she was breech.
I think that is the only reason that I have felt that I missed out on anything.
Don't worry... I would definately have a talk with a doctor that you trust to help decide what would be best!
Good luck!!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"