If you smoked b4 u was preg how r u now?

MummyinJune

Reaction score
I smoked around 20 aday then when i found out i was preg i cut it down 2 less, then i cut it down 2 just a couple of 'draws' of my ohs fag now and then, i thought i would smoke fter birth but i dont (had 3 draws in 4 months)

How u guys getting on ?

*I do not want this to be a debate or anything, Just a support thread*

i used ot smoke 20 a day found out i was preganat had totally quit within 2 weeks OH kept smoking which was hard for me but he quit about 3 weeks before birth so after i had her it never really botherd me i havent touched a cig since i was about 5 weeks pregs :)

Well done!! :D Oh waas ment to stop - but didnt! thats made it hard!

yeah my oh was meant to aswell lol but it took him 7 months longer than me he eneded up getting pills from the docs to help cos he just couldnt quit he tried patches gum plastic fags losengers you name it lol but he used ot smokenearly 40 a day before i was pregs :-/

Same with the 20 a day, I quit in a few weeks- OH quit a few week after .. We've both had a fag whilest drunk , but never sober Or if going to be near lillie. Well done ladies!

I was smoking 20 a day when i got pregnant quit totally and still haven't had a fag since having LO.

I do still get cravings occasionaly but i couldnt bring myself to have one as i wouldnt want to be around LO after smoking and there is just no way i would physically be able to get the time to go outside for 20 a day anyway even if i wanted to!

I also think to myself if ive managed to quit this long then i dont "need" them.

i smoked 10-15 a day before baby, stopped when i found out i was pregnant, smoke a few a day, one on each of lo's naptimes, and a few after he's gone to bed. i didn't plan to pick it up again, and will quit soon but oh smokes, and i find it really hard not to smoke when he does!!!

Was on 20 a day, within 2 weeks of finding out i was preg i gave up..
after i stopped breastfeeding (4 months old) i started again on 8 a day.. Im being hypnotised to stop tomorrow as i hate it, it stinks, it makes me grumpy if i dont have one.
OH still smokes & is making NO attempt to stop at all. Xx

I gave up during my pregnancy, and around month two where I had some terrible depression and stress I started again! I am planning to give up when we move house, as that in itself, its bloody stressful...

Well done ladies. I would love to smoke again - i really enjoy smoking! lol but like someone up above said i couldnt bring myself to (the few draws i have had has been when i go away and wont c lo for hours) and i suppose money aswel, they r sooo expensive!!! oh says he wants to stop, but he wont, he was in hosp in Sep for 9 days and didnt have anything - as soon as he came out the hosp he was smoking again!
I drank at the pub for first time on Sat - i found it really hard not to go outside! love smoking with a drink!

I smoked 25 a day and got patches day after found out was pregnant. Smoked one to two per day for couple of weeks and then stopped. Stayed on patches for about two/three months (reducing dosage)
Have not smoked since last aug. OH.also gave up last sept and has not smoked. I have only felt the urge twice since and resisted, as I no longer need to smoke.

It is really hard to quit, but keep trying you will get there (if you really want to) x

I gave up when I found out I was pregnant, I started smoking again when LO was 4 months old. I smoke 3 cigerettes a day now while LO is asleep and only in the kitchen withh the window open which is the only room in the flat she cant go in and is closest to the front door, if I lived in a house or downstairs flat I would smoke outside though. I dont need to smoke though I can quite happily go without but it relaxes me especially if im having a particularly stressful day xx

I gave up as soon as I got the bfp and oh quit about a week later! Now I've had her all I want to do is smoke again but really trying my hardest not to!

I quit the day I found out I was pregnant with DS, and then started again when he was 5 weeks old and went back to about 10 a day. I must admit I really enjoyed my couple of months smoking again, but then fell pregnant again 3 months after Nat was born so haven't touched one since the day I got my BFP. It's funny, because I tried to give up the week before that as we were trying to get pregnant but managed 2 days and just couldn't do it. But the minute I got my BFP my desire to smoke just went away, exactly as it did last time.

Unfortunately I know that this is it, and that I can't start again after this baby as we don't plan on having any more and I'm totally useless as quitting when I don't have the incentive of a baby inside me... :)

I smoked 15-20 a day before pregnancy. Stopped the day I got my BFP and didn't have a single "draw" until LO was around 5weeks old.

Gradually it has build up again and I usually have 1 at each naptime and a few after LO is in bed so maybe 6 a day?

I enjoy it too much to give up but would NEVER smoke around my LO and only when she is sleeping and I know I won't see her again for an hour or two x

I stopped completely when i found out i was pregnant and lo is 6 weeks and not had one yet. I wont start again as my 3 yr old dd is very proud that her mummy doesnt smoke dirty ciggarrettes and her daddy does thats all the incentive i need xxxxxxxxxxx

I smoked between 20 and 30 pre pregnancy and gave up when pregnant. I had my first one when she was 3 months old when I was stressed out of my head, then a few more here and there and then we went on holiday when she was 6.5 months and as I had almost finished breastfeeding I enjoyed a glass of wine and a few cigs each day, and it just escalated from there on. I do want to give up again. I never smoke anywhere near her (ie out of the house) and mostly do it when she's napping/sleeping. I also wear an old coat or dressing gown to keep it off my clothes as best I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->