If you smoked b4 u was preg how r u now?

I smoked between 20 and 30 pre pregnancy and gave up when pregnant. I had my first one when she was 3 months old when I was stressed out of my head, then a few more here and there and then we went on holiday when she was 6.5 months and as I had almost finished breastfeeding I enjoyed a glass of wine and a few cigs each day, and it just escalated from there on. I do want to give up again. I never smoke anywhere near her (ie out of the house) and mostly do it when she's napping/sleeping. I also wear an old coat or dressing gown to keep it off my clothes as best I can.

I do actually wonder whether you are actually me...(but a bit older..;))

I smoked between 20 and 30 pre pregnancy and gave up when pregnant. I had my first one when she was 3 months old when I was stressed out of my head, then a few more here and there and then we went on holiday when she was 6.5 months and as I had almost finished breastfeeding I enjoyed a glass of wine and a few cigs each day, and it just escalated from there on. I do want to give up again. I never smoke anywhere near her (ie out of the house) and mostly do it when she's napping/sleeping. I also wear an old coat or dressing gown to keep it off my clothes as best I can.

I do actually wonder whether you are actually me...(but a bit older..;))

tsk....cheeky kids....

I was the occasional smoker before preg, stopped cigs and caffeine (yay me) whilst pregnant. & now am back to the occasional/social smoker.

I didn't smoke before Louie but before I had my first I smoked a lot. I gave up completely whilst pg and then went back but only socially. Before I got pg with my 3rd I gave up completely and now haven't had a cigarette for nearly 3 years.

I was on 15 a day before I was pregnant, quit 2 days after getting bfp and started again when LO was about 3 months old. I missed the 'me' time! I get about 4 a day max now and haven't told a lot of people, the ones who do know don't understand why I started again and I cba to battle with people!

i smoked about 15 a day and threw them out the minute i got my positive pregnancy test. haven't touched one since. :thumbup:

I actually started smoking when I was fifteen and quit when I was in my late twenties. I had quit for 6 or 7 years and then I started again for a year when I met OH..

Quit for baby and haven't started back..though OH smokes. Would probably smoke if I didn't have her 24/7 and plus we co-sleep. No way I could smoke with her on me like that in the bed. I make OH wash his hands and face, wait awhile before going into bed after smoking and on nights like tonight make him also change his clothes.

I can't lie. I miss it.

I had a pact with hubby to quit as soon as we'd find out I was pregnant as we were trying for a baby.

One day I had this extremely strong urge to quit. I had my last cigarette that day. 2 weeks later I found out I was preggers and hubby went straight onto the electronic fake cigarettes, which give you the nicotine and the idea that you still have a cigarette, opposed to the patches/gum. As I think it's not just the physical nicotine, but just the habit of the smoking, holding the cigarette and taking drags.

After about 2 months of that he was ready to give up completely and we've both been smoke free since. He had a weak moment on his birthday this year when he was quite drunk and some friends were smoking. I was 7 months pregnant though, so sober, and able to talk him out of it. I said he was allowed, but I wouldn't be too happy because I was scared he'd go back to smoking. He decided not to have one and that was that!

Oh man i cant wait til i finish bf i am gonna have a huge drink and smoke a cigarette-im so conflicted tho pint or glass of wine? Oh boy its gonna be legen...

I smoked about 10 a day, stopped the day i found out i was pregnant.. smoking had been making me sick for about 3 weeks beore i found out so i didnt miss or crave cigarettes at all!
Both of my mummy friends smoke (occasionally) now so its always me sat with the kids while theyre outside!

I dont think id ever start again. I miss the social side though, its always easier to make friends when you smoke!

I smoked about 10 a day then quit really easily when I found out I was pregnant,I swore I wouldn't start again but when LO was 3 months I went on a night out and bought a pack whilst out, had some left the next day so had a couple when LO was asleep and now it has snowballed I'm not on 10 a day more like 5 as I only go out when he's napping or at night when he's in bed. Really wish I hadn't started again. X

I smoked 15-20 a day and gave up when I found out I was pregnant. I thought I'd start smoking again when she was born tbh but I'm even more determined not to now she's here. I'm breastfeeding and the nicotine would go into her milk; it's expensive and I'd rather spend the money on her; and I don't want to be a bad role model for her when she's older.

I still miss cigarettes sometimes but I have the best excuse in the world not to start again.

Well done, ladies! X

I quit a month before I conceived. Woke up, decided I didn't want to smoke anymore and that was that. I've no desire to smoke again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->