If your kid asked me this, how would you have me answer?

I'd answer what I answer to adults who ask the same question: "I don't eat meat because I don't want to eat animals". Plain and simple. I don't go into details because people tend to debate and confront my beliefs with theirs.

Ahh, Mitsuko, I love the simplicity of that :)

rosie at age 12 decided to be veggie i said fine to her shock lol it lasted two days,

Thats what happened to me :) 13 years I'm still going strong, and my Mum thought it was a phase :lol:

i was veggie from around 6ish i had to have it on my plate and my mum told me if i didnt eat meat then i had to eat every veg that was put in front of me think it pee'd them off as they are both good chefs lol.
i got dare'd at school to eat a turkey drummer lol made me heave

i only ate meat at 18 when preggers with rosie and i didnt want to offend my mil, i thought she'd gave me pork and it was chicken. since then i eat chicken and roast beef i might have the odd steak and ham sandwich but if there's a veggies alternative i'd rather have this.
children do what they want and at a certain age around 12ish imo they can make their own choise before that i'd have to chat about it first
x

Hmmmmmm just thinking of the food show and that butty you had:rofl:

with my son the truth is what you would almost have to tell him as he would bug you to the end. but he can handle the truth as I have told him how we get our meat and he knows all that plus his daddy is a hunter and he really likes that so I figure he will be hunting very soon himself. I dont think it would make much difference and if you didnt tell him and he asked me I would explain that some people are against eating meat as they dont believe in killing animals and I dont think in any way that would hender him from eating it because his family eats it. Im just very honest with my son and I like it that way. but for other sensitive parents I would definatly go with what Mitsoku sugested its simple and to the point the parents can answer any further questions!

I agree with raf also, buying locally rather than buying from big companies makes a difference also in the way animals are treated.. and don't forget it supports local farmers :) 2 positives!

The huge chain super market I go too actually sells local milk and eggs! Sure it costs a little bit more but they really do taste better, and I feel good about buying them.

As for telling my kid what being a vegan means, I wouldn't mind you saying that you don't eat meat, because you don't like it or something, but I wouldn't want you to say its because animals are treated badly, cause I also don't want to be making 2 dinners. When she's older and does the research and decides for herself for herself what she wants to eat then thats fine with me, as long as she's happy. Though I want her to be old enough to be responsible enough to take vitamins if she's going vegan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->