If Your LO's Main Carer - Should You Be Exempt From Prison?

Lellow

Déjà poo ... Get it?
Reaction score
Morning :flow:

Slightly in shock this morning....I was watching DayBreak this morning :blush: and there was a story about this bloke who commited burglary and was given a custodial sentence to serve as a result.....except he doesnt have to serve it anymore...

...Because he has 3 dependents which he cares for 5 days a week as the mother is only able to care for them 2 days of the week!

Apparently its a breach of his human rights as a parent :shock:

Dya think this is fair?

Personally i think its outrageous....surely its opening the floodgates for tons of other criminals the follow suit?
If your out there busy commiting crimes then surely your parenting skills need to be questioned in the first instance.

:nope:

ETA If i find the story online ill post the link on the OP!

Surely if you are sole carer of a child that's more reason not to commit a crime that could land you in prison?

i also saw this and was thinking of posting...maybe in the debates section?

but i think its disgusting, he broke the law so should be punished, he wasnt thinking about his children who were god knows where while he was out breaking the law!

this is just showing his children its ok to do wrong because u get away with it

Not at all - disgusting!! imo, criminals seem to abuse human rights laws left right and centre these days - these laws are necessary to protect us but again it is the arse-holes of society that benefit from them....

When you commit an offence, your rights are restricted. Even the rights enshrined in the Human Rights convention are not absolute and can be restricted in the interest of justice. I do think in certain circumstances eg a mother and an infant, an alternative to prison should be found as maternal attachment is much more important than the need for her to serve a sentence. What was he committing a crime for when he knew he had children doh!

I saw it too and was disgusted!

I found out that when people go to prison if they are a council tenant the council has to keep thier property available for them when they come out as they can't make them homeless.... someone who deserves that property could be using it grrr!

it is unfortunate for his children BUT he committed a crime and should be punished!!! Yet again in this country the offenders win! disguisting

I saw it too and was disgusted!

I found out that when people go to prison if they are a council tenant the council has to keep thier property available for them when they come out as they can't make them homeless.... someone who deserves that property could be using it grrr!

REALLY? Didnt know that.....IMO if you commit a crime, i think you should forfeit any help you recieve from the state! Awful!!!

who was looking after the kids whilst he was out doing burglaries???! It just makes a mockery of the justice system (or lack of it).

I think its disgusting! What about the human rights of the people he burgaled makes me so angry....... 'human rights' have a lot to answer to!

No-one has breached HIS human rights, he committed the crime so he should serve the time!

He has breached his children's human rights by getting himself in a situation where he'll be unable to care for them! And he did that all by himself! No-one elses fault!

I agree, he should have thought about what would happen to his children before he commited a crime!

Here's a link for anyone who didn't see it this morning https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8541320/Burglar-freed-to-protect-rights-of-his-children.html

Im sorry but no, he did the crime, he should do the time.

How many others are going to try and get away with this now?

He should of thought of his children in the first place.

I think its disgusting! What about the human rights of the people he burgaled makes me so angry....... 'human rights' have a lot to answer to!

it is vile what he did and the people who he did it to have got no justice!

this story actually goes deeper and makes my blood boil even more.
He has EIGHT previous convictions, and this was his FOURTH jail sentence.
One of his previous convictions was for threatening his five year olds headmistress because his son kept breaking the school rules, and he took offence at his child being discliplined!!

no way! do the crime, do the time! if they are such a responsible parent they wouldn't be out their committing crimes & breaking the law!

i absolutely hate burglars & thieves. how someone can steal something that someone else worked bloody hard to pay for :growlmad: grrr!

Absolutely not. The idea is ludicrous.

Of course it is very sad and awful for the children if their caregiver has to go into prison... but that is down to the parent. They made a choice to commit a crime and in doing so accept the punishment and affect it can have on their life and their children.

xx

Absolutely not!! You should take your punishment if you commit a crime end of!

who was looking after the kids whilst he was out doing burglaries???! It just makes a mockery of the justice system (or lack of it).

WSS!!

It's disgusting, people should be punished for their crimes then maybe they would think before they committed one. I feel for the people he burgled - they must be absolutely fuming :(

Ridiculous!! WTF is our justice system coming to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->