Illness and Ovulation

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I feel like this is going to sound like a really stupid question, but it's been playing on my mind anyway.

I got sick with a really bad cold/flu at the beginning of the week and I'm still sick (although feeling better). Well lo and behold, I just so happened to ovulate halfway through the week. It took every ounce of energy I had, but I still managed to get in some BD after my positive OPK. :haha:

So my question is: Do I have less of a chance of getting pregnant because I was sick during ovulation? Or are my chances just the same as any other cycle?

If anything you have more of a chance of conceiving hun, the body naturally fights off the sperms & conception so as the body is rundown as such, its best if that makes sense lol

Im gettin over an illness aswell, just ov'd 3 days ago roughly

I was wondering the same thing. That's interesting and never thought of it that way. I wonder if the same applies if you have allergies and currently dealing with it.

I had a really bad cold that I couldn't shake off for 3 weeks. Tested when the cold had just cleared and got a bfp!! It defo didn't affect my ovulation or implantation! Sadly that pregnancy ended at 8 weeks but had nothing to do with the cold I had x

I think the chances would be the same. I conceived while I was sick. I had a temp and stuff so I couldnt chart my temp for ovulation. I just figured that month was a goner and forgot about it. And that was the month I conceived my daughter who is now 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->