im a bad parent :( *updated*

Charlotte-j

Mum of 2.
Reaction score
the health visitor just came round, and weighed jessica.
shes 4weeks old and weighs 6lbs2 today
she has llost a oz in a week
now i have to go see the pediatrician at 11.25
im so scared ive done something wrong to her :cry:

update

just back from doctors, he checked her over and said she is in good health, and will refer her to the hospital just so they can keep and eye on her.
i don feel so bad anymore lol, its just the health visitor always makes comments, and looks at me like im a stupid little girl :-/

dont worry, im sure its not a big deal, you probably just have to adjust something in her feedings. you are certainly not a bad mom for this.

I'm sure its nothing you've done! All babies gain weight at different rates, the same as all babies are born at different weights. Dont upset yourself over it x

Hun you are not a bad mum!! It is hopefully nothing to worry about, like someone already said all babies are different and will gain weight at different rates. Hope all goes well with doc. xx

I can completely understand, but please don't blame yourself!
Cupcake is right, you probably just need to adjust feedings.

We went through the mill because Ryan wouldn't gain weight. We saw the GP, LC, Pedeatrician and Consultant Pediatrician. All the while he just wasn't feeding enough himself and I had to regiment his feeds.

Most important - don't worry.

Feel free to pm if you want to chat.
:hug:

You're not a bad mum at all! Sam had a week where he'd only gained 1oz, but his weight gain was back to normal the week after. When they don't weigh very much there are loads of things that can make a big difference too - if they've just been fed or just had a very wet nappy...even being weighed on a different set of scales. And it's not uncommon for babies to have weeks where they don't gain much - you've done nothing wrong...they just want to make sure there's no medical reason for it, and I'm sure you'll find that she's fine :hugs: x

Of course your not a bad mum , all babies will gain wieght differently , all babies develop differently and all hit there milestones differently :)
Like sams mum says im sure they just want to make sure there are no medical reasons for the wieght loss :)
Chin up hun im sure your a great mother ;) :hugs:

Aww hunny you are not a bad mum at all...im sure everything will be fine...you are doing the best you can for your LO...it could be anything...let us know how you get on. Lots of love xxx

:hugs: Dont worry hun I am postivive its nothing you did :hug:

babies do gain and lose weight all the time its nothing uve done at all. ur showing ur a great mum by caring about it dont worry im sure everything is fine.

xx

Glad to hear she is in good health!
Don't worry is the most important. Keep us posted.
:hug:

of course you're not a bad mum. Every baby is different i'm sure its something that will sort itself out.

:hug: Agree with the others you aren't a bad mom. Glad the pediatrician reassured you

You are not a bad mother! You did what you felt was right!

My friend had a health visitor who made her feel the same. I think some feel it is their goal in life to make new mothers feel bad.

your not a bad mum hun.

Their is a girl my mum knows and her little baby is around the same age i think he is 6 weeks old, and he is not putting weight on he is losing it and the midwife and the health vistors are not bothered what so ever hun, she is breast feeding but it sounds like she needs to top up his feeds with a formula feed.

But then when kacy was little well she still is they were telling me to feed her with junk food cos she is so little for her age she is nearly three and only weighs 24lbs, but they didn't bother to keep checking on her hun,

What im trying to say at least they are doing something about it hun. and they are getting your little one looked at.

But not on any note are you a bad mum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->