Im a bit new to this.. :o)

lornalovesken

**32 Weeks Pregnant**
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!

I came across this site today when i was having my regular "whats new with pregnancy" browse on the internet you know, where you look at where your babies at in your stage in pregnancy etc. lol a bit sad i know but this is my first so im a bit new to it all!!

A bit about me...

Im Lorna, im 19 years old and my boyfriend is 21 we have been together for 4 yrs and despite having a good relationship the baby was not planned as i was on the pill!! but we are both still happy about it and taking each day as it comes!!

I am currently 29 weeks and 2 days pregnant so im a good chunk through the pregnancy already i suppose but although i have a large group of close friends and family i dont know anyone who has babies!!! so i dont really know whats normal and whats not hence why i browse the internet for answers!!

I have read lots of books to which i have found helpful as to be completely honest before being pregnant i knew NOTHING about it, in fact if anything i feel that i was a little bit nieve lol, i thought you get pregnant, get fat, and then have a baby and live happily ever after but since have realised its not quite that simple haha!!

I live in england and to be honest have not found my midwifes/doctors to have been very helpful at all, has anyone else felt that way?? I have so far seen 6 different midwifes on 6 different occassions and not once seen the two allocated midwifes i have due to "long term sickness" which puzzled me to why they were allocated to me in the first place!!! and then the ones i have seen have been quite unhelpful when it comes to any concerns or questions i have about the pregnancy which i find quite upsetting. Especially as this is a completely new and scary experiance and im sure you can all understand! and i also have a really bad case of sinasitus when i was about 14 weeks pregnant which lasted about a month and left me pretty but unable to do anything and in serious pain in which i saw five different doctors and went to the dentist twice and all of them gave me contradicting info which again hasnt helped me at all!!

Anyways i also have rhesus negative blood which meant i had to have an anti-D injection *ouchy* lol which was fine but again wasnt properly explained to me i had to find out the info for myself!! has anyone else had this injection? i know its only a small percentage of people who have them!!

So basically i have had a pretty good pregnancy in the sense that i have had no morning sickness (which according to GMTV means my baby will be stupid haha!!) and no real food cravings though i have not been able to eat any meat for the past 20 weeks which SUCKS lmao but im hoping ill get my normal eating habits back after the babies born!! I also only started showing at about 24/25 weeks which was good i suppose and i have gone from a size 10/12 to 14 so i suppose it could be worse (though i have got one pair of pre-pregnancy jeans that i can still wear and that makes me feel better haha!!)

Me and Ken had a 4d scan at 24 weeks and found out we are having a beautiful baby girl which we are so happy about so thats great!! We have decided to name her Brooke as we both agree its a beautiful name but were still deliberating a middle name but thinking about going for Summer as thats the season she will be born.... what do you think??

Everyone has been fantastic my family, his family, our friends which has been good as i dont know what i would do without them!! We are pretty much ready for our girl, we have spent lots and lots of money (couldnt help it as everythings so lovely!!) got all the neccessaties!!!

The only things left to buy is the pram and the cot which i know what we are getting so that helps. We are getting the icandy apple pushchair which doesnt really agree with the boot of my car hehe but it just about fits!! and the cot is a beautiful white sleigh style cotbed so when we have those to bits we are completely sorted!! :crib:

Anyway i have just realised that i am going on and on and on and probably really boring evryone, sorry guys lol!!

So before i go i will let you know i am due on the 11th August 2009 and would like to hear from people due around the same time or from anyone who has any comments about anything ive written (coz i have kind of written alot haha!!)

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon...

Lots of Love and Hugs

:dust:

Lorna and Baby Bump Brooke x x xx :hug:

Thanks for sharing your story, hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well and welcome to BnB! xx

hello and welcome :hi: hope you have a wonderful rest of your pregnancy :D

I liked reading your story! Thanks for sharing it with us. Good luck with everything - hope you can start to eat nice big steaks soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->