Im a man and have questions.

Shaun

Reaction score
Hello. My fiancee and i have been trying to conceive for a while now. She took a test 5 days ago that was positive with a faint line.. It wasn't an evaporation line because we checked in the recommend time.. Then two days after the same thing. Positive with a faint line.. Now today she tested again and it was completely negative.. Now she is depressed. She was so happy and excited and i was too.. Can someone tell me why this happens?

Is she taking the test at different times of day? Different brands of tests? As she drunk more fluids today? All of that can affect test results!

Most common reason for obvious positive to turn negative later or fade away is a chemical pregnancy, a very very early loss

It's better for her to take them in the morning when she first wakes up. Hcg, the pregnancy hormone, tends to peak overnight and in the early morning, so you're mostly like to get a strong reading then. It could be lower in the afternoon or it could be she drank more and her urine was more dilute. Different brands of tests can also give different readings, so you can be negative on one but positive on another, depending on sensitivity. And yes, unfortunately it's possible to get an early positive that fades and goes away. It happens when baby tries to implant, but something goes wrong and implantation isn't successful. So your body makes the hormones, but then stops as unfortunately it isn't a viable pregnancy. Most ladies who experience this will just go on to get a normal period when they always would. It's also possible she just got a couple bad faulty tests, which does happen sometimes.

Do you have any photos of the tests? Someone here might be able to take a look at them and tell you if they see anything you might be missing. I would try another test tomorrow morning though and see what happens.

I would get her to take one more first thing in morning. If that's negative she's maybe had a chemical pregnancy

What brand of tests did she use do you know

I would recommend her taking one first thing in the morning. Good luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"