I'm a nervous wreck

Tinkerbelle23

Reaction score
Hello I'm struggling to feel positive at the moment here is my story so far

Only been trying conceive for a few months I have previously had a still birth at 24+ 5 in 2001 which was with a dif partner anyway surprisingly got my BFP a very faint line on dec 12th it has since got stronger and now line is darker than control line anyway on dec 24th I went for a scan at EPAU because I have a blood condition where I'm meant to commence clexane at 6 wks so I thought I was 6+1 at scan date and she only seen a gestational sac dating me at 4+5 and to return for scan in 10 days which confused me as was pretty sure of ovulation dates or so I thought I immediately started to think negative and they done my blood hcg which was 1770 followed by 3094 48 hrs later so almost doubling which I felt slightly better about. I then paid private to see a consultant mainly to re assure me and also to prescribe clexane early he did a quick abdominal scan and still only a sac and dated me 5+4 which he advised inline with my increasing hcg and the fact the sac measures bigger is a positive sign and to be scanned again at 7 wks but my EPAU clinic appointment for my repeat scan is tomorrow which on my new dates is 6+1 I'm having loads of symptoms nauseous vert sore swollen breasts increased urination awake 2-3 times at night which are all good signs but I can't help but feel absolutely petrified of having a scan tomorrow and there will be just an empty sac it's been a horrible wait just the not knowing it's driving me crazy I'm hoping and praying for beanie to make an appearance tomorrow just wondering if anyone here has had any similar experiences

It could go either way hun. If you tested positive on Dec 12th you should be at least 6-7 weeks so normally they like to see a fetal pole at least by now. That being said I'm sure there are some women with slow growers who had healthy pregnancies in your situation...perhaps old scan equipment or the angle they used and they just missed it?

I know I'm trying to prepare myself and hubby for the worst if there's nothing there tomorrow then I know it's not viable I'm clinging on to a glimmer of hope for tomorrow thanks lovely

Good luck sweetie, I have my fingers crossed for you x

Just wanted to offer my support, good luck and fingers crossed for you xx

I can relate to your fear. In March 2012, we had a mmc at 8 weeks. We had a scan at 5+4 or 5 and just a ges sac. Then, I had 2 private scans, where we saw a tiny fetal pole, but no heartbeat. We kept repeating the scan every other day, and the tiny fetal pole shrank until it was gone. It was a terrible feeling. I go for my scan tomorrow, and I'm so afraid. Hugs and prayers for you tomorrow as well!

Thank you all for your support I'm not sure I will sleep much tonight my head is spinning. Julia sorry to hear of your mmc good luck to you for your scan tomorrow got everything crossed for you too xxx

I've had 2 consecutive early miscarriages before having my rainbow baby in March of this year...

That being said, I cannot IMAGINE what you must have gone through having a stillbirth...I am sorry you (or anyone) ever had to experience that type of loss. :hugs:

So no wonder you're nervous! Your symptoms sound good, so that's hopeful. I pray you see something tomorrow!

I've had my scan and there is now a yolk sac and a possible fh which you could see flickering away like a heartbeat but sonographer was not confident enough to confirm viability as still very early and has now out me back to 5+4 which doesn't add up as private scan was 5+4 4 days ago so should be 6+ now also the visibility on today's scan seemed really poor not half as clear as the private scan anyway they want to rescan me in 1 week but I'm thinking if going for another private one next Wednesday I'm a little relieved at what we have seen today but still a bag of nerves feel like I could sleep for a week. Hope all well with your scan today Julia thinking of you cxx

Well that sounds like a great update to me! For whatever it's worth they scanned me every 2 days looking for a fetal pole and/or heartbeat leading up to 6 weeks 2 days before they found anything (same as you we thought we saw a flicker on the screen) so that dating they gave you seems a bit conservative to me. A lot of women don't see a heartbeat until 6+ weeks so this may turn out just fine hun. Glad you got some good news today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->