I'm an absolute idiot and have fucked my future :(

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
I'm so annoyed at myself infact I hate myself right now! I want to go to university to train as a social worker I had to go back to college to get the grades I needed in maths, English and psychology, end of year exams I aced my English exam but failed my maths and got a letter for my resit, I've revised none stop for the last week as I want this so much, got my maths stuff out just now to do more revision and find the letter which states my resit was yesterday 29th July! I was so sure it was tomorrow 31st July so I've missed it without even realising I'm absolutely devastated and have just flushed my future down the toilet :cry: pointless thread and I'm sorry for rambling :cry:

Can you not explain what happened and try to resit again sometime? :hugs:

Hope you can find a way to sort it out hun- there has to be something you can do. Even if it means it takes longer than you'd like... I'm really sorry. NO words to help-- but you can still do this. :hugs:

Surely they will accommodate you somehow, and find a way for you to do it.

Hugs

Don't give up on what you want

Xx

They do everything under uni strict exam rules to help prepare us for uni, the exams also get marked by the university aswell, I'm going to ring the college today but don't think they'll do anything :( I think I could redo the course but I'll have to pay for it so I'd not be able to do that for a couple years as I'm not in a financial situation to pay for a course especially when I'm not working :( I'm absolutely devastated I wanted this so bad not only for myself but for my children aswell so I also feel I've left them down :( I know that's going to happen 10 years from now I'm going to be sat behind a checkout in morrisons scraping pennies together to live :cry: I just want to live comfortably no money worries and no scraping, I grew up in a family with no money and I missed out on everything I just wanted so much more for my kids :(

They may let you sit them with others who are resisting them due to various reasons.

When I was at uni, I was going through a tough time at home-my mum kicked me out a week before my exams. I had to contact the uni and explain my situation and they were so helpful and nice.
They arranged for me to do my exams during the resit period.

They are there to help, so go in and let them knw how important this is to you. :hugs:

Xx

First of all, well done for taking the initiative and getting yourself back to college. Ok you may have missed an exam but Im sure that as long as you've done he course you can do the exam during the next resit period without repeating the course. You might have to pay the exam fee.

Social work is a great career and worth the effort of staying on track. Instead of imagining yourself stuck behind a checkout in 10 years, imagine yourself as a successful professional. It took me a while to get into social work as well but 8 years later, its been worth every exam, assignment and nervous breakdown lol

Good luck and chin up

Go and chat to them and hopefully they will be ok with you resitting it again. :hugs:

They do everything under uni strict exam rules to help prepare us for uni, the exams also get marked by the university aswell, I'm going to ring the college today but don't think they'll do anything :( I think I could redo the course but I'll have to pay for it so I'd not be able to do that for a couple years as I'm not in a financial situation to pay for a course especially when I'm not working :( I'm absolutely devastated I wanted this so bad not only for myself but for my children aswell so I also feel I've left them down :( I know that's going to happen 10 years from now I'm going to be sat behind a checkout in morrisons scraping pennies together to live :cry: I just want to live comfortably no money worries and no scraping, I grew up in a family with no money and I missed out on everything I just wanted so much more for my kids :(

Redoing the course in a couple of years means at most being a university graduate in 6 years, so even worse case senario you're not going to be at a morrisons checkout in 10 years!!

This just majorly sucks as a setback, i'm gutted for you hun. Keep going, keep going, keep going xx

You might not have to redo the whole course. You could ask about just paying for the exam.

I doubt they would make you resit the whole course, if they do it like uni conditions they will let you sit the exam the next time it officially sits (which granted could be 6-12 months away) and if they have resit charges you'll probably have to pay that. I hope you manage to sort. I'd be devious and plead sickness but you'd need a note from a doctor usually (at uni at least).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->