Im back too!

Lucy&Pard

Reaction score
Morning - thought Id better update!

Got to hospital last night and BP was high but not as high. Put baby on monitor for AGES and his heart rate was really good. I think they just monitor the base line which was great and movements were good. It was really peaceful in the ward and listening to baby's HB really sends you to sleep!

After loads of BP checks they slowly went down to around 128/82 which is sooo much better than pushing the 100s :happydance:. MW was sooo lovely until she couldnt get the blood out of my arm and now I have HUGE bruise and I cant bend my elbow! Anyway, they did bloods and we waited for those which took 2 hours or so - they check your platelets and liver function as pre eclampsia affects those. They came back fine but pee has protein and white blood cells but they didnt say anything about those. Anyway cut a long story short they said I can go because Im right near my due date and baby is fine and I had some normal BP readings and blood came back fine - but need to come back on tuesday to get all checked again if no baby. :happydance: very pleased was really worried that it would stay high and they would induce me - which would have been the plan even if baby was ok! She told me totally rest now BUT when I am in labour I will need to be monitored most of the time and may not be able to use the pool - but I think thats a small thing TBH as it could have been a lot worse.

Also got to see really cute babies! Cant believe Im having one too! Have to focus on that as its so easy to get scared about labour and not remember that actually will have gorgeous baby of my own after!

LUCYXXX

awww good to have you back. it must have been a reassuring trip. and a reality check eh? real life babies?! tee hee. you rest up now and hold on for th big moment!! x

Glad things are ok for you and hope baby comes asap! White blood cells is sign of infection somewhere. Protein in pee is usually a sign of kidney issues, so maybe a UTI or something but maybe there are other reasons that tie in with your current condition that means they don't need to do anything about it?

Nice to see you back hun, just get some rest until its time for LO to put in an appearance now!!

Glad all is ok hun. Try and get some rest, and hopefully it won't be long till your bubs arrives!
xx

glad everythin's ok! i was gutted when i found out i couldnt have a water birth :( never mind tho, she's got to come out some how!!

Thanks for updating us. Just make sure you get plenty of rest and it won't be long at all before you have to go in to hospital again...for the real thing!

Take care, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->