I'm being irrational ain't I?

Decemberbride

First baby due May 2011
Reaction score
I've finally book my smear test for tomorrow after putting it off for 5 months due to TTC, getting pregnant, having a miscarriage and waiting for my cycles to return to some normality - the leaflet about the smear says mid cycle is best but I don't want to risk it messing my cycles too much so tomorrow will be CD6:blush:

Also work are planning a staff away day which is go-karting and paintballing but the day we go is when AF is next due and again I don't want to risk getting my BFP and then having a MC again and blaming paintballing - what should I do?:shrug: do I need to pull myself together?

I would say pull yourself together is a lil strong but i do think ur worrying needlessly about things ;-) deffo keep upto date with ur smears. I had a positive result yrs ago and was so glad i managed to get treated. I honestly believe the stress we put on ourselves does us the most hardm, not what we actually do by LIVING ;-) Yes we are desperate to have our babies but yes we must also have a life inbetween ;-)

Good luck hun and hope u get that bfp soon xxx

Hi december bride i am in the same boat. My smear is booke for next thursday. Kept putting it off as due to it being mid cycle I keep thinking what if eggy is trying to implant and the doc disturbs it.

Irrational I know but there we go that is ttc for you!!!!

Please have your smear Hun. My best friend is currently very upset as a school friend of hers has just been told she has only weeks to live aged 26 - cervical cancer! Not wanting to frighten but smears are so important!! She was planning on ttc next year but sadly that won't be the case for her :0(

Also I think it's natural you'll be worrying but I agree with the above post that you need to try and enjoy your life whilst TTC.

Love and sticky dust!! Xxx

Yep - I had my smear and booked it for cd 10 so no chance of getting in way if ttc but enough in to my cycle.

I have the same worries - there's a band I like doing a weekend mini festival in December - thing is if I do get pg this month or next would be heavily pg and poss not up for it - you end up putting stuff on hold just in case and that isn't healthy either.

Maybe plan to go and test on the day - if bfn it's fine to go but you still have the option of dropping out of paintballing if you get the bfp - I understand the worry of paintballing if you were pg - you'll be anxious enough without adding to it

fxd for your bfp :)

hx

That early on I don't think paintball would do much harm - go and have fun! The stress release will probably help.

Deffinatly have the smear. i put one off for 18 months cause i just don't like them and my doctor got so cranky at me and the previous doctor cause he just registered the smear after refering me for one so they over looked that i didn't have it.

As for the go karting, deffinatly go karting, but make sure you test befoer going paintballing, if its negative then go but if its positive i personally wouldn't go cause i have seen friend come back after paintball covered in bruises. I would hate to get hit in the stomach cause that would really hurt, and i personally wouldn't be able to wonder if it would cause some damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->