I'm confused

katlin

Mom of 5
Reaction score
My pediatrician says my daughter needs to eat more then two oz a feeding then she went on to tell me she's gaining very well. So what do I do do I keep feeding her 2 oz which she is comfortable with and as the doctor said she is gaining ok or do I up what she's eating? I'm kinda confused.

I'm not a professional, but what pediatrician said was kind of an oxymoron.. she needs to eat more but she is gaining very well? I would keep doing what you are doing. If she is gaining well and not acting as if she is still hungry after her feedings, I would say keep up with what she is comfortable with right now. If she still seems like she is hungry then try feeding her more.

:saywhat: Strange doctor. I'm assuming you're expressing and bottle feeding? I would say just what the PP said. Feed 2oz, if she's still hungry, feed more :flower: You can always up it to 3oz and see how much she takes.

I do I have a snack bottle I'll feed her her two oz and if she still seems hungry I give her what ever she wants out of the snack bottle. N then she asked me how many bottles oz she eats in a day and I told her how ever much she wants, n she proceeded to tell me I need to keep track for her records I flat out told her it doesn't matter how much she eats or when as long as she's growing. N she tried to tell me I should just put her on formula because it would make my life easier n its like I haven't been pumping and going through cracked nipples thrush and engorgement just to quite . I'm trying to save up 5000 oz so that when I'm done pumping she will have six months on breast milk and I'll be half way there in about two weeks. I'm so sick of not getting support from anyone even my fiance wants me to put her on formula its so frustrating!

I do I have a snack bottle I'll feed her her two oz and if she still seems hungry I give her what ever she wants out of the snack bottle. N then she asked me how many bottles oz she eats in a day and I told her how ever much she wants, n she proceeded to tell me I need to keep track for her records I flat out told her it doesn't matter how much she eats or when as long as she's growing. N she tried to tell me I should just put her on formula because it would make my life easier n its like I haven't been pumping and going through cracked nipples thrush and engorgement just to quite . I'm trying to save up 5000 oz so that when I'm done pumping she will have six months on breast milk and I'll be half way there in about two weeks. I'm so sick of not getting support from anyone even my fiance wants me to put her on formula its so frustrating!

My husband and I (and I will probably get a lot of reprimanding for this) have never taken our LO to a pediatrician and she has not had any immunizations. It is because of spiritual an personal beliefs, if it were something life threatening, we would of course take her to the doctor, but for the sniffles etc. we take care of her at home. For anything else we need like weight gain, measurements, we have the tools ourselves and we still have my midwife.

As for the breastfeeding, I know how you feel and good for you!! My side of the family when i first started breastfeeding my daughter and was having some trouble, told me to quit and put her on formula. I didn't, but I had my hubby supporting me. He and all of his siblings were breastfed so it was easier for him to get, plus breastfeeding was kind of his idea to begin with too. :dohh: Just keep it up, I know it is hard.. but it is what is best. For you and your baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->