I'm defective and I'm So Happy!!!!

:hugs: squuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeze xxxxx

I'm so friggin happy for you I could bite myself!! It's about dag on time. And when that time comes (I just know it's soon), get you some free extra scans outta of em too! :happydance:

Hi WannaB, just seen this thread and I think thats what my problem is!!!! I have been doing lots of reading up on progesterone and I really believe its the reason for my past 2 M/C's, my levels were 5 in december and 7 this time!!! I cannot believe that consultant didnt even say anything about it!
How can this be fixed? Are we suppose to start the thingys stright away or wait until you fall pregnant??xxx

I had my blood test done when I was 5 weeks pregnant and had started to spot (my EPU is great, they told me to come in right away) and took some blood. I miscarried properly a week later. Anyway, i got the results of the first test and hcg was 650, progesterone 16. I too was convinced then that I had m/c because of low progesterone levels, but when I spoke with the consultant (who was very good), she explained that it was unlikely, that progesterone levels will start to go down if there is something wrong with the pregnancy anyway even before the m/c (in my case, it was suspected ectopic). She said that if your levels are normal during the 2ww, only a failing pregnancy for whichever reason would cause your levels to drop at that stage. To be honest, I don't know how much this is fact and how much it's what she believes, but thought I would share that with you in case you might want to investigate this in more details.

Im off to the gyno next week so he will investigate me from the inside out! :thumbup:

Good luck WannaB, hope he is helpful, supportive and knowledgeable. I have my first appointment in 90 minutes, really looked forward ti it, but now that the time has come, I'm not expecting much from it.

Hope you get the treatment that you need so that your little beanie can stick warm and cuddled :hugs:

Glad you've got a decent answer now and it's a fixable problem!!!! :happydance::hugs:

xx

Only just saw this thread! I was wondering if thsi is my problem too, so I got progesterone cream online (from a reputable shop!) and have been taking it from today..duno if it'll help, but I'm demanding a blood test to find out my levels if I do get preg this cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->