I'm feeling pipped off(rant)

no1seasider

expecting no.5
Reaction score
So this morning was my booking in appointment at 10 am.Have been nervous/excited about it since i booked it at 5 weeks.

So i got there this morning,booked in,sat in waiting room after 25 minutes the receptionist says"who are you seeing?" so i told her the midwife and she checked her book,came back and said "you were booked in at 9am!""

I know for a fact the appointment was made for 10am,as when she offered me 9am i said i couldnt make it due to having the other children to get to school:nope:and she said,oh no problem i'll book you for 10am!! AND i wrote it straight in my diary!!
So....i have waited 5 weeks for an appointment that never was!!! Midwife came out and said she was fully booked so couldnt see me.Arrgghhh!!!

sorry ladies for my rant :blush:

Flippin hec, that's rubbish!

Hate it when they get it wrong and then blame you!! A similar thing happened to me once and I was royally peed off!

Sorry it happened and hope they were able to rearrange it for you. x

She just phoned me,and can fit me in at 1.45 today!!

Sorry about the moan :blush:

I am sorry, they don't understand how you have to rush to get the things done and then get there by 10 am, I know that rushing feeling . They were wrong and I would have demanded to be seen. I am not in any way an aggressive person but since I lost my Ava at 18 weeks I have changed SO much, I don't take shit from anyone anymore and that is sooooooo not my way.
I am sorry that happened and they should have admitted their error and let you go in for your appointment :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Edit// Glad to see you got in

All went well.She was lovely,booked my scan which should be in the next two weeks also spoke about downs testing at 16 weeks-but i havent decided what to do about that as i dont know if i'd follow up the blood tests with anything else.

I cant believe the amount of paperwork they have to do now!! blimey we had a tiny ante-natal card last time i had a baby!! (8 years ago!)
Took loads of blood and that was about it really!

But best of all she said i can have a home birth again!! woop!! thought she would say i was too old(36) but nope,not considered at risk until 38+ although she did say i will have to see a consultant due to this being my 7th pregnancy(but only to check i can have a homebirth)!

That is good news! I glad that in the long run it turned out to be a good experience.

Oh that is good! So glad she was lovely too.
Fingers crossed that the consultant gives you the all clear for your home birth now! x

Glad that you got it all sorted in the end. I had a not so good experience on my first appointment 'booking in' - it was a complete shambles - to cut a long story short - the head midwife called me on Friday night to apologise (as I had emailed her the whole story of what went on in my first appointment) and she changed my midwife straight away. I have been to the hospital a few times now - once when I went into A&E as I was bleeding (all turned out ok) - then to get my full bloods done - then to have my main scan - everyone at the hospital was lovely, however, at my doctors surgery the receptionists always mess things up - when I booked my midwife appointment (as I hadn't heard anything) I said that this is my first appointment - she gave me a 15 minute slot - it is fair to say that when the midwife said to me 'how can i help you' it all went downhill from there! xxx

My friend was telling me this morning that although their midwife's give them appointment times, the last time she was there she ended up waiting nearly 2 hours (with a toddler in tow) and that this is normal for the midwife's near her! I was horrified! Mine has only ever made me wait 10 minutes at the most!

I cant believe they would have anyone wait that long!!! That's terrible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->