Im going to be a big brother..

brandonsgirl

Lucky mummy of 2 <3
Reaction score
Hiya all :wave:

So since we found out that were pregnant again I've been wanting to get LO a book of some sorts to help explain about becoming a big brother. In the last few weeks he has really started to understand that he will be getting a baby brother or sister. He has so many questions that we try to answer, but i was hoping to find a book that will help with his little imagination.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any books that explain about becoming an older brother or mummy and daddy having a new baby etc?

This is baby #5 for us. I didn't have any books or anything to read to any of mine and they are just fine. Sure you may go through some ups and downs and I don't think that any book or any way of explaining it will change that, or make them not be jealous. I think the difference comes from once baby comes, and how you deal with it then.

Right now I just have been talking about all the things that we will have to do with baby when it gets here. We are talking about how much baby will cry and how much baby will be sitting in my lap. My soon to be 4 yr old already says baby sleeps in mommy's lap LOL

There are so many books out there! Borrowed 'There's a house inside my Mummy' from the library and it's so cute! My daughter loves it! 'Spot's Baby Sister' is also quite sweet but the expectations are quite unrealistic for human babies and it might be a bit young for your son! I'd probably say that looking around your local library and/or book shop is your best bet as there's normally a fairly good selection!

Beca :wave:

Kent really likes books and looking at the photos making up his own stories. Thats why I thought he would like a book where he can see pictures etc.
We have been explaining to him and he is so excited. He keeps asking me when will my baby bother or sister get here? Can the baby sleep in my room etc.

I have looked in a few shops but hadnt thought of the library :dohh: lol. Thanks, I eoll check there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->