I'm hating being pregnant - there, I said it!

tinyfootsteps

Reaction score
After a previous miscarriage and 9 months of trying to get a second BFP I am glad to be pregnant, don't get me wrong. But that's not to say I am enjoying it one bit.

The constant tiredness is just so draining and I feel so useless all the time because I don't have the energy to do anything. The nausea and sickness which seems to come and go will suddenly catch me by surprising making me dash to the bathroom - vomiting so hard that my insides start to hurt after a while.

Aside from the tiredness and sickness I feel so ugly to the point that I feel I've lost confidence in myself. My hair is dull and I seem to gain a few new spots on my face every day - I never even had skin as bad as this when I was a teenager!

And I guess the reason I am having a whinge on here is because I know a lot of you are are in the same boat and it's freakin' hard right now. We haven't told anyone about the pregnancy yet (waiting until after our scan in 2 weeks) so keeping it together and acting normal all the time is so frustrating.

I really hope 2nd tri is all that it's cracked up to be as I'm not sure how I'll cope with several more months of this. I want to feel ecstatic about my pregnancy but at the moment any good or exciting feelings are hard to muster and I feel terribly guilty about this.

This is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. :cry:

That really sucks that your getting such bad symptoms, really hope the 2nd tri does get better for you.
Dont no how i wud cope if i was like that, im just hating not being able to eat whatever i want.
Hope things get better for you :)

It's hard going - especially when you can't tell anyone yet. Second tri is so much more enjoyable for the majority of women though. I got my energy back and felt so much happier when I got to that point first time round.
Hang in there - in a few weeks you should feel much better and when you get the scan and start telling people it will be like a weight was lifted!

I feel really sorry for you that you are having such a rough time. Like others have said for the majority of women it does get alot better between 12 weeks and 14 weeks.

I know its hard to really think about it now, but try and stay as positive as you can and focus on what you are going to get out of it.....that is the only thing that will keep you goin !

Plus, we are all here when you need to offload !! :hugs:

I was just about to post a similar thread about confidence... Ive completely lost all mine recently :( My spots are terrible, bright red, ive been trying to wear no makeup to give my skin chance to recover, which leads to even lower self esteem. I feel bloated and frumpy. My hair gets greasy really fast and having a toddler to chase around, I dont have time to pamper myself to make myself feel better.

But hang in there, as soon as you start to feel baby move in second tri, everything feels so worthwhile. One of the best feelings in the world :) x

I understand. As happy as I am to be pregnant, I'm feeling absolutely miserable right now. I actually cried with tiredness earlier! My appetite is gone completely and I'm forcing myself to eat (while gagging) just so I don't feel worse. It's horrible.

I know I shouldn't complain because so many people would wish to be in my situation, but it's hard :(

You're close to 2nd tri though so hang in there! I hope it gets better soon x

I can't wait 'til baby's here because I never thought I'd be a mother, but I agree, pregnancy sucks. I'm clinging to the hope that second trimester is more enjoyable, 'cause at present, pregnancy feels like just being ill.

I'm hating pregnancy too. I feel terrible, stressed and I know it won't necessarily be "worth it". Once you have losses you know you can have all the terrible side effects and still not get a baby. This is my third pregnancy in a year so it's the third time I have to go on bed rest (I'm a bleeder) and be sick and tired and just sit and worry. And I have yet to get a baby for my pains. Pregnancy is really hard on my body. I do have a child already so it if all works out I do know it's worth it in the end. But I have to keep the baby first. And if I do, I'm most likely done. It's very stressful.

But yes, I am super grateful to be pregnant again and I try to be careful who I complain to as you never know who is struggling with infertility. Though everyone knows about my losses so I'm sure they know I'm grateful inspite of my complaints.

My symptoms aren't even that bad, tirdness aside, but even so after two weeks of knowing my only though is, "I"m done now. Give me my baby". I keep thinking, there's still 7 more months of this?!!!

I agree with everything you said.. I am nearly in 2nd tri and I still feel like shit!! And I am moody and grumpy.. Also going to school, which I have no motivation for right now! I am soo happy to be pregnant, and we planned this out. But who knew how difficult and how crazy I'd feel..

It gets better I promise! 1st tri is the worst because no one knows, you don't look pregnant, can't feel baby moving yet, and just feel sick and tired all the time. But I promise it won't be as bad when you have a bump and can feel the baby. Energy gets better and things start feeling more real. It's my last pregnancy, and I know once baby is here I will miss my bump and the special bond we share when the baby is still on the inside. So I'm trying to savour every minute!

It gets better I promise! 1st tri is the worst because no one knows, you don't look pregnant, can't feel baby moving yet, and just feel sick and tired all the time. But I promise it won't be as bad when you have a bump and can feel the baby. Energy gets better and things start feeling more real. It's my last pregnancy, and I know once baby is here I will miss my bump and the special bond we share when the baby is still on the inside. So I'm trying to savour every minute!

I needed to read that. Thanks sun. I've had such a bad day with MS. I literally sobbed and sobbed while I tried to eat dinner and just kept gagging. I hope this passes soon! Roll on 2nd tri :)

I needed to read that. Thanks sun. I've had such a bad day with MS. I literally sobbed and sobbed while I tried to eat dinner and just kept gagging. I hope this passes soon! Roll on 2nd tri :)

Oh it sucks. This pregnancy hasn't been too bad with the ms, but I had the same issue with my last. And 7 weeks is always the worst for me! I really hope it settles down for you in the next few weeks xoxo.

Thanks sun! I hope it calms down soon too. I just managed a slice of toast without gagging! Woo hoo! It's the small victories ;)

I never liked pregnancy. Was very ill in first one and not so bad in other two but I couldn't move for a long time with them. Really did take its toll on me. At the end there I wouldn't walk or breath right, not even sleep. Complain all you want. Its not illegal. Some people will have a go but its not ungrateful we all love our babies I just prefer to hold mine in my arms.

I never liked pregnancy. Was very ill in first one and not so bad in other two but I couldn't move for a long time with them. Really did take its toll on me. At the end there I wouldn't walk or breath right, not even sleep. Complain all you want. Its not illegal. Some people will have a go but its not ungrateful we all love our babies I just prefer to hold mine in my arms.

Dragonfly! Congrats on #3 - 1 month old already!! :hugs:

I was just about to post a similar thread about confidence... Ive completely lost all mine recently :( My spots are terrible, bright red, ive been trying to wear no makeup to give my skin chance to recover, which leads to even lower self esteem. I feel bloated and frumpy. My hair gets greasy really fast and having a toddler to chase around, I dont have time to pamper myself to make myself feel better.

But hang in there, as soon as you start to feel baby move in second tri, everything feels so worthwhile. One of the best feelings in the world :) x
OMG - that is pretty much word for word how I'm feeling! What us with these spots?! It's all coming back to me, I had forgotten ! Xx

With my son I started to feel a bit better by 10 weeks and by 12 weeks I felt totally fine and was eating like normal again. I had some other complications that had me still confined at home and some amounts of pain but I no longer felt miserable like I did during first tri. Weeks 6 to 7 have always been the worst for me so I am looking forward to getting over that hump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->