Im home, long ........

samantha_sarah

Proud Mummy to Ruby Mai
Reaction score
Hey girls, Big thanks to AG for updating people. :hugs:

Well its been a tough couple of days!

Thursday 12pm lost all Brown and blood plug and stayed in hospital overnight, friday night waters break and have to stay in again, bleeding, waters going bang yet again and now contractions which have built up but cervix is only 1cm and its not progressing atall. Its agony every 10 mins lol!

Consaultant had a chat with me this morning and he decided to get me induced at 8am this thursday.

MW gave me greif over the choice as she said il end up in theatre if all goes wrong and that its safer for her to be in my womb until labour really kicks in. Basically she wanted me to risk infection and its been almost 4 days since waters went.

Thats all well and said but there is a huge risk of infection the doc has said and if she gets porrley in the womb it would be an emergancy C section, my BP is raising too.

The girl next to me has lost her waters too and she has already caught an infection since being there dispite being on the same anti biotics too.

Thats why i agreed this thurs would be best, i cant risk infection.

Im very scared though, they are keeping her in Special care for a bit regardless and said she may have problems, its so hard to hear that.

Thank you all for the well wishes, love you girls :hugs:

Awww chick, so sorry you have had all these problems! Good luck for Thursday, will be keeping everything crossed for you and Ruby xxx

Awww hunny, I'm sorry you have had a shit time, I'm sorry that your Lil girl will have to go in special care for a bit but least you get to meet her. My 2nd born was born at 36 weeks, he didn't have to stay in, he's as healthy as can be hunny.
I've been thinking of you and Ruby constantly..alway looking for updates. Glad you're back home for a lil while, and you are right in saying Thursday is good as you don't want infections, surely your M/W must understand that xox

sorry to hear your having a rough time, i hope everything is ok for you on thursday. xx

sorry you have had all this to deal with but now you no whats going on and best of luck for thrusday hun im sure she ill be a very strong little girl for her mummy :hug:

Sam, you've been very brave. Think of Chel who had Amy early, Amy is doing fantastically well, she's a lil milk monster. Your daughter will be the same and don't you dare think otherwise! We've all been worried, and to be honest this sounds like the best outcome. The consultant is bound to know more than your midwife, and you're right you don't need an infection to contend with, that would be the last thing you want!
Keep us updated, I know you have text buddies and arcanegirl has been great updating us, so you picked a great buddy there sweetheart. Keep your chin up, by easter you'll be a mummy. Think of it that way.
Love and hugs
Dana xxx

awww hun Im sorry to hear that.

Hopefully all will go well on thursday and little Ruby will need minimal care.

Thinking of you x

Best of luck for Thursday sweetie. The consultant knows best, that's why he is a consultant and gets paid infinitely more than your midwife!!! This is the best thing for you and Ruby. Hopefully she will not need to go to Special Care, or at least only for a very short time.

Thinking of you and will watch out for updates.

:hug:

xxxx

Best of luck on Thursday hon. Sounds like your consultant is being very sensible and your midwife should now support your decision. My friend recently had her baby at 35+5 because her waters went early. She was told baby would need to stay in hospital for at least 2 weeks but she was out after a week and is doing really really well, I'm sure it'll be the same for you two :hugs:

Good Luck on Thursday! I'd probably make the same choice! Your baby your choice!

Can't believe the midwife thought it was her place to put that worry on you! Ignore her, and ask for another. I'm sure your baby will be fine and the consultant knows what he's talking about, you really don't want an infection.
Good luck with you induction :hugs:

Good luck hun, sorry to hear what a crap time of it you have had, 36 weeks isnt that prem so everything should be fine, I doubt very much they would induce you unless it was in yours and Rubys best interest, My own SIL Gave birth at 36 weeks about 7 weeks ago and only had to stay in a week, he's thriving now, same thing her waters went early, try not to worry everything willl be fine, thinking of you xxxx

The midwife sounds lovely! Ignore her and don't let her make you feel guilty for things - your consultant knows best :)

Good Luck for Thursday, and there'll be lots of people from here thinking about you x

so sorry to hear everything you have been through, can't believe you are meeting your little girl in 2 days though! Wishing you all the best x

Aww hun certainly sounds like you have made the right decision to me and with everything you have come up against already defo sounds like bubba would be best being delivered. Im sure the consultant knows whats best (more so than the midwife) and your little girl will be just perfect. All the best for Thursday hun. Kx

So sorry to hear what you've been through darling.
All the best for Thursday!!!!! Will be thinking of you.

:hugs: :hugs:
xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->