Im horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

alibaba24

Reaction score
Im feeling crap now theres a thread over in 3rd tri saying how to make baby come early and i think my reply was too harsh but i dont want to go and delete it as then its like iv done something wrong 4 replying :wacko: maybe im just sleep deprived and hormonal but i just cant seem to keep it zipped at the moment so im fully expecting to be jumped on in that thread now so im feeling sorry for myself :dohh: the premie foru has become my little sanctuary so if you want to be mean to me do it in third tri :haha:

xxxx

aww hunnie I agree with you and I am i third tri,this is my thrid babe and yes it gets bloody uncomfatable espcially for me as i have over 9lbs but I cherish every second they are in my body...aww bless you have done nothing wrong,I will defend you..xx

I agree. I hope its ok i respond here but i saw your thread title and thought you cant be horrible. My cousin had her baby at 24 weeks and although that is very early, when i think fo what you all have to go through and all the unnown my little princess could stay inside till she is ready. I am cheating a little bit as im having a section on wednesday at 39 weeks but thats not choice that cause she is breach. Your not horrible at all.

Hi hun, I totally share your feelings.

My last pregnancy resulted in me giving birth to my daughter at 24wks :( Thankfully she is ok now after a long and arduous fight for survival.

I am currently 30 wks pregnant with twins, they are huge, my uterus is measuring at 45wks, and I am in constant discomfort. I dare not and have never complained tho because I thank God every day that I have got this far, and I would endure any amount of suffering to keep them in a further 4 weeks.

I try not to judge the ladies over in "3rd tri", because pregnancy is tough and when you haven't experienced the horror of prematurity, it is an alien concept and they have a completely different perspective on the whole pregnancy experience. That said, I do find it difficult to read about them longing for labour to come at 38wks, and indeed ways to bring on early labour.

For us "preemie" ladies, 38wks is a dream goal that we do not take for granted. That you feel strongly about that is completely understandable, and no one can condemn you for that. I don't think there are any right or wrongs in this situation - we each have our own life experiences which change the way we see things. xxx

Well said Lizzie. And Alibaba, there was nothing wrong with the point you made hun xx

your response was not horrible at all hun, i think you said it perfectly , i hope you and buba are doing well x

Well if your horrible I am I dunno what lol.

I told her how it was. Why do people have children when they wish to put their lives at risk for their own joys.

I wish sometimes that they could go back in mind and sit by my daughters's beds day in day out for 4 weeks and see the pain and heartache I felt having to leave them every night.

Its selfish thats all it is!

not at all hun far from it, your response was very informative and supportive, things have got a bit heated but thats not a surprise given the topic :hugs: xx

You are not horrible. You were right to tell them a few truths about having an early baby.
xx

well hope im allowed to pop in here. im at risk of having a premmie and so glad ive got to 34 weeks...and hoping i can go fully term as i want him to be healthy and that.

i thought i was going to have him at 29 weeks so i feel blessed as it is.
your reply was fine, ur not horrible at all hun xxx

I think maybe someone should lock that thread now. I think everyone is getting slightly irate lol! x

I think your reply was okay. I had to go and read everything from the start. Whew! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and you and some others know what the risks are for having a baby born so early. I think it will make most of us who are in their third trimester think again when we sometimes feel like we are tired of being pregnant so long. I sometimes pop in here to see how the baby's are doing and how my little one would look if he were born suddenly at the stage I am in. I am delivering via scheduled CS at 38 1/2 weeks, all my pregnancies were CS since my first was in distress. The second pregnancy I was given the option as my amnoniotic fluid was low and the baby wasn't measuring properly. (found out later she had craniosynostosis but after surgery at 5 months old, she is fine) my 3rd, my OB Gyn wants me to have a CS sometime in my 38th or 39th week. She will give me an ultrasound on my 38th week to see how my scar is holding up and if the baby is ready for the delivery.

I dont understand how they think that I said she is a bad mother! I didnt I said she showed her age by saying everything will be ok just cos she was! Thats not saying she is a bad mother thats saying she is acting like a teenager by thinking that it was all going to be dandy!
Its horrible having a prem as you all know x

i cant believe it was allowed to go on for so long. The OP didn't learn from our stories and others were insensitive. Theres been too many neonatal and premature losses recentley and it was very unfair and obviously would upset. i actually want to cry about it.

No one understands til they experience it first hand. til then there will always be sheer ignorance.

i think a few of us were made to feel like crap by other members when we were just telling her the truth. tough luck if its harsh because it happens, its real, and by the influx of new preemie members, shows its more common than you think.

i cant believe it was allowed to go on for so long. The OP didn't learn from our stories and others were insensitive. Theres been too many neonatal and premature losses recentley and it was very unfair and obviously would upset. i actually want to cry about it.

No one understands til they experience it first hand. til then there will always be sheer ignorance.

I agree. Others were very insenstive, when the OP posted it surely she knew what response she was going to get??

well hope im allowed to pop in here. im at risk of having a premmie and so glad ive got to 34 weeks...and hoping i can go fully term as i want him to be healthy and that.

i thought i was going to have him at 29 weeks so i feel blessed as it is.
your reply was fine, ur not horrible at all hun xxx

fingers crossed you go to term hun :hugs: x

I think your reply was okay. I had to go and read everything from the start. Whew! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and you and some others know what the risks are for having a baby born so early. I think it will make most of us who are in their third trimester think again when we sometimes feel like we are tired of being pregnant so long. I sometimes pop in here to see how the baby's are doing and how my little one would look if he were born suddenly at the stage I am in. I am delivering via scheduled CS at 38 1/2 weeks, all my pregnancies were CS since my first was in distress. The second pregnancy I was given the option as my amnoniotic fluid was low and the baby wasn't measuring properly. (found out later she had craniosynostosis but after surgery at 5 months old, she is fine) my 3rd, my OB Gyn wants me to have a CS sometime in my 38th or 39th week. She will give me an ultrasound on my 38th week to see how my scar is holding up and if the baby is ready for the delivery.

hope scan goes well and your scar holding up so you can go as long as possible, even that little bit early must still be daunting, anything you would like to know just ask away. Good luck for your delivery in a few weeks xx

I'm sure my response "out meaned" all of yours! But, hey, no point in pussyfooting around. I was prepared to be sympatheric with the "I'm sick of being pregnant" but when I realised it was purely about money and her job etc, I couldn't believe someone would actually think that way.

And well, I would go on but I'd get myself in more trouble....

Any way, tis locked now. I only hope the poster has seen sense.

:) proud of u lot for sticking up for our 'team'. I think we were treated quite shoddy on there by a lot of members just for telling the plain truth, especially when she seemed to refuse to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back