I'm in a FOUL mood today...just venting

cillybean83

Reaction score
Ok...seriously my husband has been pissing me off since yesterday evening lol

I have SPD and pre eclampsia and I was just plain worn out last night. I didn't do much all day. I have a 6 year old who is homeschooled, I babysit a 1 year old, and on top of taking care of them all I did was clean the kitchen and do some laundry. My hubby gets home from work and I'm exhausted, totally worn out and in pain and feeling awful. We have chicken and macaroni and cheese and corn for dinner. He says it isn't enough he wants a ham sandwich. Mind you I didn't MAKE the dinner, it was from KFC but still, 2 pieces of chicken should hold you for a little while. I swear to god he asked for a damn ham sandwich at least 8 times, each time my response being "David, seriously, I'm exhausted, we ate dinner, get it yourself"

I hadn't gotten around to tidying the living room because I was busy with the kids and just not feeling well so I asked him if he would mind doing it, he said no problem. So I told him I was going to go lay down and read a book and relax, to which he said, no problem. Well there was a problem, he wouldn't keep our son entertained in the slightest so I couldn't relax because my son was hovering around me like "I'm bored I'm bored I'm bored" lol....so I let him get in bed with me for a while and he eventually fell asleep (it was a bit after 8) I never got back out of the bed unless it was to pee and I asked my hubby for a grape soda and some popcorn because he was making a snack and he bitched and moaned about it but he brought it to me anyway.

This morning I wake up with my left arm COMPLETELY numbed, you could have shoved a knife through it and I wouldn't have felt a thing. Hubby was already up and I asked him to google what it could be and he was annoyed again but he did it. I was having lots of SPD pain and I asked him to touch my back for a few minutes so I could get back to sleep (for some reason that knocks me out) and of course, after 5 seconds, he was the one asleep, even though he had originally been awake!!! lol so I get up to go sit in the recliner hoping that elevating my feet will help take some of the pressure off and what do I see when I get in the living room??? TOTAL DESTRUCTION! Not only did he not tidy it up like he said he would, it was actually messier!!!! OMG I wanted to go beat him!

I do more than my fair share around here, most wifes cook, clean, do laundry but I have to do way more than that. He doesn't put his dirty clothes in the hamper, I have to go hunting them up from all over the house, he wants me to bring his meals and drinks to him in his recliner or at the computer desk instead of him coming to get the food or eat at the table, he doesn't even ASK me to take his dishes to the sink, he just hands them to me like i'm some waitress...and I never say a word about it...so that's why it pisses me off that I have to walk on egg shells to ask him to do anything for me because he gets huffy about it. I'm the one with all these pregnancy related conditions, I'm growing HIS child, the least he could do is try to help me be comfortable...is that really asking too much? Oh and the thing about cleaning the living room was not just a yesterday thing. He is off on Monday and Tuesday, Monday he said "I'll help you clean one room" and I told him to do the living room so yeah....he's basically had since Monday to make good on what he offered to do, and I did it myself this morning.

Just grrrrrrrr

OOoh men make me so mad sometimes. You have one child, youre busy cooking another - and he thinks he can behave like one too. Arse.

I'm sorry he's behaving like such a git - if I were you I'd pretend your leg was numb this evening - he can bring you YOUR dinner.

Big git!

:hugs: to you.
xxx

Stop everything, go on strike.

I mean it he needs to learn this is not the 1940s.

Make your own and the kids tea, leave all the dishes on his computer desk, leave all his clothes until he has nothing to wear it is the only way he will learn anything.

Having dinner at his computer and not with you and your son is plain rude.

:hugs:

Hehe, I like the idea of going on strike - Keep doing all the stuff for yourself and kids, but don't cook his dinner/wash clothes etc. He'd either learn, or get very smelly/hungry...

Stop everything, go on strike.

I mean it he needs to learn this is not the 1940s.

Make your own and the kids tea, leave all the dishes on his computer desk, leave all his clothes until he has nothing to wear it is the only way he will learn anything.

Having dinner at his computer and not with you and your son is plain rude.

I've tried it and all i had to show for it was a messy house and a lot of money spent on new clothes because all of his were dirty. I married him, I didn't take him to raise...you know?!?!!? He's like my OTHER son

Men can be rubbish can't they!!

I've been known to go on strike in the past as well. I've still done communal stuff (ie tidying the living room etc) but have refused to cook for him, wash his clothes etc. It did make its point I can assure you.

In fairness to DH, he's pretty good - I just have a lower threshold for mess than he does!

Ugh. I was going to say going on strike sounded like a great idea until I read you'd already tried that. It's a shame there are so many men out there think that getting married means having someone to mother them other than their mothers.

That is such a bummer about your hubby attuide towards giving a helping hand and helping himself.

(hugs) hope it improves at some point.

Oh man, I can't stand men that expect to have everything taken care of for them. I grew up watching my dad expect it from my mom and I swore I'd never marry a man like that.
I do most of the cooking and cleaning around here but DH helps out, and he'll help out even more if I ask, he doesn't expect it, but he does actually appreciate what I do for him.

I'm so sorry you have to go through that, especially with everything else you're going through. I'd offer a suggestion but I'm sure you've tried them all, especially if you've gone on strike. I can only hope he realizes how much he's hurting you and starts seeing how much pain you're in. *hugs*

we had a really long talk and he took a personal day today, let me go take a nap while he took care of the kids, when I got up the kitchen was clean, the kids were playing nicely, he was folding a load of laundry AND he took us to the park for a picnic. I guess he just needed a reality check because he was acting genuinely sorry. He apologized for being self centered and that sometimes he just plain forgets about how much extra work my body has to do now. This is his first time going through a pregnancy. My son is with someone else but DH adopted him.

I feel better knowing that when he realizes he's wrong, he tries to make it right, and that's what counts. I just hope he keeps it up.

Good to hear! Hopefully he keeps it up, sounds like he finally figured it out!

That's fantastic! I'm glad things are going better today! :thumbup:

Yaay!! So glad he's showed his appreciation of you! Top effort. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->