Im in for another biggin "29 weeks & 3lbs 6oz"

chelseaharvey

Reaction score
Had a scan today as i have extra water & also checking the babies kidneys as my son had kidney problems picked up at 28 weeks by a scan.....

This little man was measuring in at 3lbs 6oz already **gulp** he is on the 85th centile.

My son was 9lbs 3 at birth so i am def thinking 10lbs+ for this onr

I had my GTT results back today & everything is fine

Baby is head down he was at my 4D scan at just b4 27 weeks. Then he was weighing in at 2lbs 9oz so he has put on 11oz in 2 weeks

i think we should create a big baby thread lol. I am carrying a big baby too, been monitored at the moment. He was 4lb 5 oz at 30+2 and then today he is 6lb 9oz at 34+5. Were looking at him being 10lb too. Our babies are just enjoying the food we are putting in ourselves!

Have you got another growth scan? x

Have you got another growth scan? x

No they didnt say when i left my appointment. I guess there not worried seeing as my son was big well 9lbs 3. I guess if my MW gets worried then she will refer me as the weeks go on

fair play to ya girls!!! (i feel ur pain.. r the pain u will b in) lol .. only kidding...:haha:

Think mine is going to be big too! 3lb 7oz at 29 weeks and 4lb 11oz at 31 weeks. This is my first and bit worried about how much pain/damage he is going to cause on his way out!
It's weird because no one in either side of the family was big as a baby or big now, so not sure why he is so big.

Dont worry, big babies are great, and doesnt always mean a harder labour.
My daughter was 9lb 11oz, i managed on gas & air with episiotomy & ventouse.

This little man is shaping up to be as big, if not bigger than my daughter, its
nothing to worry about, they all come out the same way and bigger babies
tend to cope better with feeding/sleeping after birth than the tiddlers do. x

my baby is 4lb 1oz at 30 weeks! my first baby was 10 days late and 7lb 10oz so im pretty sure this ones going to be quite a bit bigger! im only 4 foot 10 and 7 and a half stone (when not pregnant) so im quite scared! but i havent been offered anymore growth scans and my next hospital appointment is when i'll be 41 weeks so they must think its ok!! xxx

Nice to read these threads so I don't feel I am alone. I had a scan at 29 weeks as they want to check the size on the 29,32, 36 as I am quite small in my physical frame and they knew at my 21 week scan I was at the 95th percentile, at 29 I was 1.6kg which I think is about 3 and half pounds. So I am a bit worried, bigger than average head/stomach etc, I am only 5ft 2 and my OH is 5ft 8 - both are slim (I was a size 8 8st 1 to start - now about 10 st 7!) They have suggested I maybe induced around my date - can I argue I want to let things happen naturally as I not keen on that idea? Good to hear people advice as its my first!

I dont have my next growth scan for another two weeks. at my 28 week scan baby measured 2lbs 13oz had a prenatal visit today and was up 7lbs in two weeks, I dont know where all this weight is going. will be interesting to see how much weight he puts on.

Mine is in the 90%, he was 3lb 9oz at 27+6!! Every doctor/sonographer that has come across him has made the comment "he's a big baby!" and "well, HOPEFULLY it's just a growth spurt!"... I hope so too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->