I'm in shock

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
Well believe it or not I have nothing but praise for my inlaws. They do anything for us and the kids.

Next fri I'm having a section. I know without asking they will have my kids and be there to support hubby and ensure house functions till I'm home. My parents have not even offered to help yet!!! So I called to ask if they would be around next weekend as I didn't want all pressure to be on the inlaws. My mums response was sure we are about. Why? Are you doing anything nice next weekend? Where you off to?

Really?? She has forgotten I'm having a baby. How nice is that. Am in shock total shock.

Parents really are incredible sometimes. That's terrible

Thats a bit off! Was she trying to crack a joke maybe?!?! Xx

No joke. She's forgotten. Pointless thread ladies sorry but had to write it down or sit there and cry. Silly hormones.

Sorry they've made you feel like that. :flower:

I wonder if mine are going senile sometimes. My mum moaned at me today because I hadn't phoned my dad too see how he was, apparently he's been ill, last I knew he had a cold. This was actually a virus and he's been stone deaf and quite unwell for nearly 2 weeks, and I'm supposed to talk to him on the phone how? :shrug:

And how many times has she called to see how me and the bump are in the last 8 months ... zero!

My mum's off the planet too although she hasn't forgotten I'm having a baby which is a miracle. Don't take it personally, just start praying that you never turn out like that!

Wow... well my mom is no help in anyway to me at all...im the one helping her an her husband... switched roles hmm lol... sorry it put you down hun...

My family all lives within 45 minutes of us and offered to keep my daughter while i was in labor but every time i call no one ever answers their phones! It drives me nuts cuz ive had a fairly difficult pregnancy and last time i went to the hospital i had to go alone because i couldn't get a hold of any one so my hubby stayed home with my daughter. Now we have his parents coming in from 4 hours away because they always answer their phones for us knowing i'm this far along. His mom told me today they already have their bags packed they just need the phone call and they'll be on their way!! I haven't even told my family that they aren't getting my daughter because they wont answer the phone so oh well theyll figure it out when i dont waste my time calling when im in labor!

Oh hun, that's a shame, sorry to hear she's forgotten. Not at all surprised you're upset.

Give her a gentle reminder next time she phones and maybe let her know you're a bit pissed off! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->