I'm leaving... LO is here :D

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
I'm leaving! :cry:

36+4 my waters popped.. and I heard them! Went to triage.. 1cm dilated. They kept me in. Next morning they said if I hadn't gone into labour by 5pm they would induce me as they don't like to leave baby more than 18 hours in an unsterile enviorment. I was started on antibiotics to protect us both.

So 5pm came and went, contractions throughout the day here and there. Went down to delivery suite about 8pm and I was 4cm! :happydance: I had progressed naturally. They left me for an hour and then said baby had been inside now for too long without the waters and although I was progressing, they wanted to hurry it up. My waterbirth dim lit atmosphere dream was out the window.. but whatever had to be done to get LO here safe.

I was induced. Contractions started coming thicker and faster. At only 5cm I wanted to push SO BAD with the pressure! MW said LO head was SO LOW down giving me the sensation of wanting to push. I was all over the bed.. back to back contractions it was horrendous.

I was fully dilated by 2.30am, and ready to push. LO had been inside now for 33 hours with no waters.. she needed to be delivered! I pushed.. and pushed.. and pushed.. for 3 hours :growlmad: LO head was RIGHT THERE I felt her hair... but she just wouldn't come as she was at a funny angle. Forceps :(

So I had an epidural and forceps, needed to be cut. Room turned into a theatre and had 4 extra medical staff and pedatritians. One pull from the doctor and one push from me and my little princess, Halimah Sa'Diyah, was brought into the world on the 8th of September, 5.25am weighing 5lb 14oz.

After being convinced she was a boy! Big shock... ha!

She's amazing... they say you forget the pain. I haven't.. and I'm quite traumatised by it with flash backs!

But my princess is here...

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Attachments

• Collage 2015-09-15 23_51_32.jpg
    Collage 2015-09-15 23_51_32.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 92
Congrats! Glad all is well with both you and lo!

Thank you everyone! Good luck to you all with your upcoming deliveries and can't wait to see your lovely little ones too :) xx

Congratulations!! Oh, so exciting seeing everyone move over to baby club! She's gorgeous btw!!

Congrats for your baby girl's arrival! Enjoy being mum to her now xxxx

Congratulations khadijah! Lovely name and gorgeous baby! Masha'Allah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->