I'm not one to moan but....

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
....has anyone got a spare digestive system I could borrow?!?

Mine is driving me mad!!

It starts with my mouth ulcers and moves down to the burning golf ball in my throat to the stomach that feels so high up every time I try and sleep I'm choking on my own puke!!

Then it doesn't know of ok starving hungry or uncomfortably full and I can only eat an egg cup of food at a time, then I'm starving 5 minutes later.

Then lower down are the cramps and rumbles and then thanks to the iron tablets any poo I manage to squeeze out is black and horrid. I seem to continuously be either constipated or running to the loo!! I just want my old digestive system back :( I never know how much I loved it!!!

Moan away! I would swap but I don't think either of us will get a better deal. I've woken up with diarrhea this morning but at least my iron prescription is ready so that should sort it out!

Yes I'm sure that'll sort the diarrhea out nicely ;) seriously when I started taking them I had a tiny half dose of lactulose once a day and it meant the constipation wasn't anywhere near as bad as last time. Also my prescription was for 2 tablets a day but I started at one a day and then midwife said at my level which is similar to yours I only really needed one tablet a day anyway so worth checking out.

Mine says 3 a day on it but I suppose it depends what strength it is as well. I don't think they made me too badly constipated last time so I might be alright for a bit, apart from everything else that's driving me crazy! Roll on April!

I am with you on the high stomach! I've had to sleep propped on several pillows.
For the mouth ulcers, try Listerine on them. I have had those since I was very little and Listerine numbs them well for a while.

Not sure if you are already doing this - but are you taking enough fibre and water? I certainly wasn't and I felt the same way as yourself. However, after I started to keep hydrated (at least 7 glasses of water a day, which is hardddd for me) and really increased my uptake of veggies, my digestive system automatically got better :) Oh, I also started eating dates, at least 6 a day once I hit 3rd tri. I have heard that they not only help with constipation, but also toning the uterus (not sure how true that is, but worth a try).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->