I'm not ovulating...HELP ! :(

MrsBenz

Reaction score
I have been ttc for 11 months now. We started out only using OPKs and BDing every other day. Well out of 6 months I only got a positive OPK twice and they were a couple days before AF. So obviously I was really confused and blamed it on bad OPKs, diluted urine, etc but decided to start temping to try and figure things out. Ive been temping now for 4 months and now I'm even more confused and heartbroken! According to my temps, I'm not ovulating at all. FF gave me CH the first month, but again it was putting O at only 4 days before AF. It was my first month temping though and so I was still trying to get the hang of it, so I'm not really even counting that. These past the months I have no indication of ovulation at all. I'm so confused and I don't even know what do. I've been on vitex now for 2 cycles and I'm really not seeing much difference. It shortened my 30-45 day cycles to 30 and 27 days but that's about it aside from horrible acne and weight gain. I met with an OBGYN back in May and she said she had no reason to suspect anything was wrong because I'm young, no medical history, etc and that I was doing everything right. She said to just keep trying and when we hit the 1 year mark we can start doing some testing if we haven't conceived yet. Does anyone else have a experience with anovulatory cycles, or have any advice for me? I'm at a loss. :cry:

Go back and ask for Clomid. It basically forces you to ovulate. Hang in there :) keep doing OPK, keep temping, keep bd every other day from cd 10-21 :)

I definitely think if you show your obgyn the charts they will see you need some help :)

Thanks ladies :) just my luck, the ob I met with before is on maternity leave right now! Ugh.

For what it's worth, my doctor swears temping is not an accurate indication. Granted, I did it anyway because I wasn't convinced, but I just wanted to share that info! The thing with temping is that if you temp at a different time or your colder than usual or warmer than usual, that makes a difference.

I do not ovulate well on my own. I was able to successfully get pregnant once by myself and once with Clomid. The time I was able to get pregnant by myself, I started a low carb diet, lost 20 pounds, cut down on my caffeine, and was surprised because I thought I couldn't have children. That's what they told me. Even with clomid, I didn't ovulate until day 21 or 24 or something like that. I have read that drinking green tea helps. Cutting down on caffeine. Losing weight if needed or gaining if needed.

As far as OPK's, from my personal experience, they can be totally negative in the morning, and totally positive in the afternoon, and be negative again the next day. The surge can happen just that fast!

Don't give up hope yet, and don't assume ur cycles are annovulatory until u are told this by a RE or OB. I would suggest seeing a RE for testing ANC doing a monitored cycle, they r the only ones who can tell u what's going on :)
Good luck!

Don't assume anything at this point - don't assume that you're not ovulating but if you feel that you want some reassurance from the doctor then you should get it. You should have a day 21/28 day progesterone test to see if you are ovulating and go from there.

It seems silly for her to have said you have no medical history - you also have no previous testing? without checking she can't be 100% sure. I agree with a pp, see a RE, OBGYN's can be quite useless with fertility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->