I'm not preventing he is Not trying

dawn1975

Reaction score
Hi. Just wanted some tips on how to persuade my Oh to ttc3. I know I should be grateful I have 2 but can't help the want for 1 more. I've tried talking, not talking, been waiting for 2years. Any ideas please ladies. Xx

I seem to be the only one with an uncooperative partner. Lucky me..

I seem to be the only one with an uncooperative partner. Lucky me..

I just joined and am having the same problem with my Husband. he seems to be relieved every time AF comes, while I'm a sobbing mess. been off contraceptive for 5 months. just wanted to let you know I feel your pain!
P.S. I want 3 as well. :winkwink:

He will come round when he realises how much it means to you. Been in your position, have managed to get my OH on my side now

But how did you change his mind? Its taking over my mind and I don't want to seem desperate. Xx

Ah I'm not the only one, I've post before and no one seems to have answers. Good luck with trying. Xx

Same boat...I became pregnant in December, and miscarried a few days after I found out. He suggested I get on birth control again, so I started it at the beginning of this month. I don't react well to any birth control. I become depressed and I have insane mood swings, and some days I even start to feel like I don't even want to be with him anymore. I hate it, and I hate being this way, which is why I quit taking it in the first place! It may sound crazy, but I would much rather have a baby than be so miserable! But he's not thinking the same way I am.

I would suggest sitting down with him and telling him exactly how you feel. I am WTT #3 and I had to have a very long discussion with hubby (there were tears from both of us). He was concerned about us not being able to afford another one and didn't want to say yes let's have one but then regret it later if we were struggling for money but he also wanted another one. He was letting his head rule instead of heart which is good in a way but not what I wanted to hear. Anway, long story short he decided that life was too short to worry about things like that and he said we could start trying once my injection runs out, which is at the end of March.

Good luck with your OH, explain to him how you feel but also listen to his reasons for not wanting another :) x

Mine is like that too he doesn't not want more but he doesn't want to try for them either. : ) GOOD LUCK

Thanks. I will keep trying, it seems the more he says no the more I want one, bloody men... Good luck to all. Xx

Just talk to him or though he may not understand tbh we have it the other way yes I have agreed ish that we are currently WTT but his the one that is mad about having #3 where as im happy with what we have. I have agreed to re-think after the wedding by which point I will prob want #3 :hugs:

hi everyone, im the same i had a m/c jan 2010 and since then our family feels incomplete, my husband sort of wants another but not to sure where i really want one. we are using the p[ull out method so if it happens it happens. dont know if one will slip through though lol.

Hi, we are using the pull out method to and secretly I hope he makes a mistake ,but he still seems determined to say no, boo. Xx

Hi, I have the same issue with my partner. We've been together nearly three years and I discussed it with him from the very beginning and he seemed ok with it. In August 2010 I decided we were ready to start ttc so broached the subject and he wasn't interested. So I left it, In March 2011 he decided he wanted a puppy (we already had an older dog) I stated that I wasn't really bothered about another dog but if he would have a baby with me we could get one. I then didn't get my next depo shot which was due in March 2011.

This year in January I started the discussion again and he was off about it, reasons as follows:
*I like my free time
*I'm getting too old for that (he's 40)
*my child from a previous relationship might not like it
*my ex might stop me seeing my son
*we wont be able to afford it

This all got me very upset and I informed him that I felt he had deceived me and I would not have progressed the relationship in the beginning if he had been honest and stated he never wanted kids. Since then he has agreed that we are NTNP - although I am TTC.

I'm in the same situation.. My OH refuses to TTC.. Although I haven't been in birth control for about two years and we use no protection (so I guess we are NTNP.) nothing is happening :( I cry all the time about it..

My hubby doesn't want anymore kids. We have two a girl 8 and boy 6. I been wanting to have another one for 2 years now. His reasons are that we would not be able to pay for private school or go on vacations. He says it would be nice having a big family. I know deep down inside him he would like to try for another. He even asked his mom if he should. Which I was like wth lol. We have never really used protection but have always used the pull out method. Lately we have been having a few oopsy out the month....like 2. So hopefully I will get what I want and good luck to all y'all who are dealing with this same situation. Men can be stubborn just keep insisting and you might just convince them.

Just to update: since I posted above we got our BFP and he is happy about it. Saying that I'm not allowed to complain about any aspect of pregnancy otherwise he says "well this is what you wanted!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->