I'm not ready!

A

Amy92x

I was expecting this baby to come on or after the due date as Chloe arrived at the last moment (less than 24 hours before planned induction). And that may still happen, but for the past few days I've been feeling really ill with awful back pain, pains "down below" and braxton hicks/contractions.

We went to the hospital this morning and I'm 4cm dilated! :shock:

My midwife has said that although it wouldn't be ideal, should the baby arrive now it would be OK as long as it was delivered in the hospital for obvious reasons. As for the chances of the baby arriving soon, she couldn't say. Apparently I could stay like this until I'm full-term, but at the same time I could also end up in labour any time now.

Part of me was hoping that they would say I was in premature labour and give me something to stop it. Telling me that "it could happen but it'll be OK" doesn't exactly reassure me.

OH has put me on bed rest in the belief that it will stop anything happening, which I'm fine with as it hurts to stand up or walk around anyway.

Aside from being scared for the safety of my baby, I'm just not ready yet! I hadn't even left work officially (of course I'll not be going back now!) and still thought that I could stay there until 36 weeks then say goodbye to my clients and leave.

I guess all I can do is take comfort from the fact that my midwife is happy with things and let my body do what it wants...

One thing I know for sure is I won't be having another pregnancy for at least 10 years after this baby is born!! :laugh2:

:hugs: definately take it steady and lots of bed rest. Hope baby stays put for you til atleast 37 weeks xx

Sending you positive vibes! I couldn't imagine baby coming right now. I hope he/she stays put!!

Crumbs! I hope baby stays put long enough for you to sort a few things out and be a bit closer to 37 weeks! Best wishes.

It's not the same, but I was 1.5-2cm at 34 weeks. At ~36 weeks I was 3cm and 75% effaced. Last Monday at 38+6 I was 3.5-4cm. Now I'm 39+3 and still no baby.

So, I know you're further ahead than I was at that point, but I just wanted to give you hope that sometimes things can move along slowly, even if you're dilating early. I NEVER thought I was going to make my due date since I was dilated a bit at 34 weeks, but now I'm only a few days away and no sign of baby yet!!!

Hope baby hangs in there at least until 37 weeks! Xx

Preterm babies are hard. I can't believe your midwife is so blazee over it. My first came at 36 weeks & didn't have sucking reflex, had difficulties gaining weight, didn't wake up to feed. I had to pump every 2 hours day AND night,... Preterm babies are fragile & at risk. I can't believe they aren't admitting you to check what is causing it. Sorry fr my rant. Good idea from your OH to put you on bedrest! Stay in bed lady for the next 3 weeks!
Good Luck!

Did they perform a fetal fibronectin test/swab at all..?

I hope baby stays put for a few more weeks. I had a positive fetal fibronectin test at 27 weeks. I was given 50% Chance of delivering in 7 days. Thankfully my cervix was closed. I was hospitalized for 8 days and on light duties. I'm still holding on. I would ask for the test . If it's negative you can relax that you won't go into labour in the next 2 weeks as it's 99.9% accurate when negative. Good luck.
@

Did they perform a fetal fibronectin test/swab at all..?
They did and it came back positive, hence the expectation to be that I will go into labour before full term - but of course it may not happen.

I'm feeling much better today. Husband is still keeping me in bed as much as he can, but I refuse to stay there all the time. Besides the fact I have to get up to pee every hour, I can't stay in bed all the time. I need to see my daughter and sit at the table for dinner etc...

I am staying in bed the majority of the time though, and it is helping thus far. Back pain is much better and the stabbing pains in my vaginal area have almost gone.

Thank god for Judge Judy and the internet! Those are the two things keeping me going whilst stuck in bloody bed :laugh2:

It is going to be worse when hubby goes to work from tomorrow onward though.

He owns a garage and apparently closing for the week between Christmas and New Year is a preposterous idea! He's a workaholic, but I suppose I shouldn't complain as the alternative would be worse.

If anything happens I can call him and he can be home in 10-15 minutes, so it isn't too bad.

The worst thing is not being able to just get up and go to a friends or buy something from the shops. Whilst the doctor hasn't told me not to drive, the fact is I shouldn't leave the house full stop, so driving is of course not advised either as that involves exerting myself.

Amy92. Bedrest is hard, but nothing compared to delivering a preterm baby. I hope you remain in bed & are able to delay delivery as long as you can.

Amy92. Bedrest is hard, but nothing compared to delivering a preterm baby. I hope you remain in bed & are able to delay delivery as long as you can.
I hope so, as much as I'm feeling sorry for myself being stuck in bed - the utmost priority is the baby inside me and he/she is going to stay there as long as possible. I'll do everything I can to make sure of that.

I feel you, though my situation is a bit different.

I started having really frequent regular contractions so they did an ultrasound to check my cervical length (which was fine thank goodness), but we discovered my baby is measuring very small and is speculated to be IUGR. So now we're being monitored more closely with ultrasound etc and there's a potential that should baby's growth slow down or stop at any of these extra checks or if the ultrasound cord dopplers appear abnormal we could be sent off to deliver immediately. I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow. I'm really glad to have made it to this point, especially with such an irritable uterus, and that so far baby is continuing to thrive though is still growing very slowly, I'm beyond stressed/upset that the end of this pregnancy could be nearing sooner than expected/normal. I'm no where near ready for baby to come yet. I'm suppose to be taking it easy to slow my metabolism and ease my irritable uterus, but that's so so hard when there's so much that still has to be done for baby's arrival....

I do think that's a bit strange how easily dismissed. I was going in for non stress tests and found to be contracting regularly and three cm dilated at 33 weeks. Was given steroids, magnesium and then tributerline or whatever it is to halt contractions. Fibronectin was positive. Baby held off til 35 weeks to be born, now going on three weeks old. Fx babe stays put awhile longer for you.

Good Luck Ladies! I really hope the little ones can stick it out a tad longer! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->