I'm not sleeping?!

Chel

Reaction score
I'm having about 5-6 hours broken sleep a night, I'm SOOO tired in the middle of the night, but during the day I feel wired.

I'm wide awake and totally exhausted. I've laid down for a nap every day since baby was born and I haven't managed to actually fall asleep except on 2 occasions.

I end up online or watching tv, or doing housework while baby sleeps and I've noticed that my patience is wearing out... I also think I'm comfort feeding him because I cant stand him crying anymore, the sound cuts through my brain like someone is stabbing me in the ears!

By the time I feel like I'm relaxed enough that I could fall asleep baby is awake again anyway!

Has anyone else experienced this with a new baby... will it get easier?

Im exactly the same :| Im so tired but it takes me so long to fall asleep that by the time i have baby is awake again apart from in thr middle of the night and then when i do wake up i struggle to even open my eyes and have to turn all the lights on and put cold water on my face!!! I hope it does get easier..

sorry no advice from me because i'm the same. in the first month i only got 2-3 hours broken sleep, now he's almost 4 months old and i have 4-6 hours broken sleep. After i put him to bed/cot, i got to do lot of work and i'm soooooo shattered, but when i get to bed i would be overtired that i can't sleep.
when he naps during the day i got to eat and run around the house like a headless chicken to do housework and stuffs.
He got better a couple of weeks ago that he only woke up 3 times a night then he started to teething a lot so he wakes up 4-6 times a night for some comfort feed

same here... dont have many suggestions.

How old is your LO?

Hi I felt exactly the same as you when Toby was first born and people would say to me make sure u nap in the day etc etc. But I found it hard to sleep in the day, I think I managed it once. I always wanted to get the housework done. It does get easier as they get bigger and I now put Toby in his chair with his toys and I hoover and get all my chores done in the morning and we go out in afternoon as he tends to sleep better in car or pram. He started sleeping through quite early but i think that is cause he eats so much during the day!! He He. But now he is teething early and its affected him quite bad and he not been eating hardly and he wakes up randomly in the night crying out but not for food. He usually settles back down though. I used to feel the same when he was tiny and crying as he is my first and i would think whats wrong with u!! But as he has got bigger and we are in more of a routine I know if he is crying cause hungry, tired, bored etc. So dont worry it does get easier and when people used to say that to me I used to think yeah right!! But its does. xx

charlie wakes up every hour in the night still but only has a little grissel and back to sleep and just feeds twice, it is hard but it does get better and easier , charlie had colic and he cryed so much i think you do get more used to the crying his colic went at 6 months though thankgod the first few months are tough :hug:

:hugs: try to sleep when LO naps atm just close your eyes relax if you don't fall asleep at least 'wind down'.

OH work in day?

In the evenings maybe he could let you get an hour or 2 in bed on yoru own to freshen up?

:hugs: try to sleep when LO naps atm just close your eyes relax if you don't fall asleep at least 'wind down'.

OH work in day?

In the evenings maybe he could let you get an hour or 2 in bed on yoru own to freshen up?

Yeah, I've been trying that, it does works out well when my OH takes him in that part of the day, Jasper seems happier with his daddy in the evenings, its almost like me and Jasper get sick of each other by 6pm... we're both cranky and when his daddy takes him, we both calm down!

And hopefully someday soon Jasper will just sleep more than 2 hours at a time!

I was really wired in the day when Ally was first born and we were in hospital lol but after a couple of weeks I started getting so tired. BFing wasn't going great and Alasdair would feed for hours and hours at a time (no exaggeration unfortunately) but 2 or 3 evenings a week I used to have my parents come over and I'd hand Ally over after I'd fed him for an hour and go and sleep. You need to try and sleep as much as possible or else you really will just nacker yourself out!

Wobbles is right, even if you can't sleep just lie down for a bit and rest your eyes! Don't be rushing around trying to do things - that's what OH's are for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->