I'm now severely pee'd off! Still no engagement at 39+3!

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
This is getting stupid! I was told last week that my stomach muscles are holding him in place so he can't engage. I mentioned that I wondered if my pelvis was too small and that is why he wasn't engaging and I was told that she actually had no clue what was stopping him and therefore wouldn't do anything about it.

I'm soooooooooooooo p*ssed off. I feel like I'm in limbo and I keep getting faffed off with a load of 'wait and sees'.

You never know he might just drop, on the plus side he probably wont be interupting your xmas dinner! Sure it wont be long :hugs:

Mine didn't engage until my water broke!!!
xx

Please try not to stress Noodles, i'm 40w+2 and my bubs hasn't engaged yet. My midwife said it was no cause for concern and they can engage in labour itself. I've also had no sign of any loss of 'plug' and she said there was no concern for this either (she might be trying to stop me worrying but I don't see any reason not to believe her).

I'm trying to stay relaxed about the whole thing. I'm getting a sweep on Xmas Eve (40w+4) and also have an induction date booked for later on 'just in case'.

x

From what I've read bubs doesn't need to be engaged early. The pelvis actually not being large enough is VERY rare. I'm sure your LO's just enjoying the freedom to move about and kick you in the ribs while he still can!

:winkwink:

hi hon, my babe hasnt engaged yet either ( no'3 so its quite common that they dont till labour) but my mw had a good push down on my pelvis today and felt babys arm squashed up against its head which is probably why its not sinking down further. hopefully if the arm moves it will engage and off we go!
x

Mine's been partly engaged for 4 weeks now and he's still not coming out! I think everyone gets "wait and see" until they are overdue enough to fit in with their schedule.
Sometimes I think that midwives have never been pregnant (although I bet most of them have) they seem to forget how frustrating the waiting is...

I'm just sick of them changing their minds. First i'm told he is really small and he'll come early, then I'm told that he is growing ok (slower than they would like but ok none the less), then I'm told that I have strong stomach muscles and they are holding him in place and stopping him from engaging, only to be told today that she has no idea why he isn't engaging at 39 weeks and that I could have a 'spontaneous labour' (think like all the labour on TV were the waters break and the baby is delivered in minutes). Not what I want to hear. I wish they would just make up their mind!

both of mine didnt engage until i was in labour. x

Don't stress it. My babies never engaged and I went into labour naturally @ 37 and 39 weeks.

I was told that she actually had no clue what was stopping him and therefore wouldn't do anything about it.QUOTE]

Blimmin eck....shouldn't she have gotten a second opinion or something rather than saying she didn't know so wasn't doing anything?!

Agree with everyone else though that your bubs will probs engage right before labour....you've already mentioned he's an awkward little monkey havent you, lying in funny positions and stuff!!! Maybe he can't get in his favourite position with his head stuck. :flower:

Arghhh how frustrating for you! Hopefully once your actual due date is here they will consider all possibilities...many hugs :)

Hey Noodles

just let it be what ever it will be... I've given up listening to anybody. small decides to come out whenever he likes... my midwifes could never decide ... at the beginning he was growing fast then he was a little bit behind but he is ok... so as long as there are movements I just let everybody have their opinion and then let little one decide, what I am gonna do over x mas and new year...

Don't worry Noodles - I'm sure your little one is just in another unusual position and has decided to keep you guessing!

COME ON FLUMP - GET THAT HEAD DOWN!!

Please try not to stress Noodles, i'm 40w+2 and my bubs hasn't engaged yet. My midwife said it was no cause for concern and they can engage in labour itself. I've also had no sign of any loss of 'plug' and she said there was no concern for this either (she might be trying to stop me worrying but I don't see any reason not to believe her).

I'm trying to stay relaxed about the whole thing. I'm getting a sweep on Xmas Eve (40w+4) and also have an induction date booked for later on 'just in case'.

x

im in same position, no plug lost, nothing.:cry: except i dont have a sweep booked until 41 weeks so new years eve for me.they wont do anything before then where i live:nope:

He is going to get a serious telling off when he gets here. I may even practice my finger wagging in the mirror just to make sure that it looks just right.

Ha - sounds like he's going to think finger wagging is just a normal greeting from mummy lol.

Mine still isn't any more engaged, think he must have just passed the pelvis one day and got stuck rather than actually meaning to be engaged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->