im rhesus negative does it matter?

bumski

Mum to teen and newborn
Reaction score
i completely forgot about this as i was told when pg with my dd, anyway i was given a shot after i gave birth and told it may harm any future pregnancys, another lady has just mentioned this in another thread and it reminded me all about it, i was 18 when gave birth and was not planning any more pregnancys at the time so i completely forgot.:dohh:
anyway it took us over 3 years to concieve again and i had an early mc, absolutely gutted but im wondering if the two are linked, im a bit worried now incase it happens again
my doctor is shite so i need to be armed with info before i go to her for anything

Make sure you tell your doc hun she may want to give u a rhogam shot but im not sure isnce its been more then 72 hours since your loss. They might have to wait untill you get pregnant again but defintly mention it cause its very important:hugs:

Hi Bumski, firstly so sorry for your loss :hugs:, its hard as hell but I promise it does get better with time :flower:

Rh- is onyl ever a problem if your partner is Rh+, and the baby is Rh+...what happens at birth is that some of the babies blood mixes with the mothers, her immune system recognises it as foreign and destroys the cells. No problem to mum and baby. Except at the following pregnancy the mothers immune cells may recognise the babies blood cells as foreign and cross the placenta. Afraid thats where my expertise in immunology ends (!), but don't think it causes m/c though, would need to be much farther along, and the baby may be born blue (as they've lost alot of blood cells).

Am a little confused about the injection though as I was under the impression that was to PREVENT any future problems - as you're in Stoke give the EPU a call at North Staffs Infirmary, they were superb when I m/c three weeks ago, If you'd like the number PM me and I'll send it you

xx

is it something that i will have to have before a conception or did it need to be done after mc? oh man i feel really panicked now. :nope:

Don't think it matters after m/c, a friend recently had it and she only had it later on in her pregnancy but it was her first... EPU number on its way!

They gave me one with my chemical a few years ago but did not with my mc in march so i am not sure but its defintly worth talking with your doctors about usualy i know they give it for prevention even if your not rh but your blood is negative and dads is positive :hugs:

thankyou both of you, i just cant believe after 3 yrs ttc i forgot all about this! :dohh: will call them and see whats what. thanks again :hugs:

I am the same as you and when I was in hospital they said you only needed the shot if you were more than 10 weeks pregnant, I was only 5+4 so I never needed it. Hope this helps!!

thankyou thats reassuring, sorry about your loss hun :hugs:

Ditto to you. We we're trying for 2.5 years since our first. I am due my 1st af on Sunday..... I can feel it happening is heart breaking! How you coping?

I only found out I was rhesus negative when I had my mc. The Nurse rang the Doctor to ask if I need a jab, but he said I didn't. I was 7 weeks when mc was confirmed.

Hope this helps

SL

Ditto to you. We we're trying for 2.5 years since our first. I am due my 1st af on Sunday..... I can feel it happening is heart breaking! How you coping?

oh gutted, i know there is a lot of ladies that have been through so much worse and i dont for a minute think my situation is as bad, infact i feel guilt for feeling so down as i was so early, but i cant take away the fact it was there in our hands, that lovely bfp we had dreamed of for so long, then whoosh.....gone. i felt so lucky though i remember saying i wouldnt swap it for anything.....so much better than winning the lottery, fx for you hun.
can i ask do you know if you ov afterwards, im just so desperate, kinda feel like its taking over a bit now though. maybe time to stop opks and temping :dohh:

I know what you mean, I was less than 6 weeks bit the pain I feel is real. I had symptoms straight away. I don't use OPKs or anything like that but have pretty regular cycles I go by ov pain and ewcm. I have just put a post about my situation.... Called talk about a kick in the balls... Have a read if you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->