Im scared- I think I jusy lost my mucus plug

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Cant be 100% sure, but some gooey crap just sunk to the bottom of the toilet, couldnt quite see what color it was or anything, but I knew something was coming out because when I was peeing it felt weird. This isnt the onset of labour, right? Im not even 36 weeks.

Hi Louise,

I know I'm no expert but I didn't think your plug is that quick!?

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd thought or I'd expect to see more? I'd just use a panty liner and see what you get and if it is a bit more than the norm give your MW a call?

xx

You can loose your plug weeks before you go into labour...

I had green "gunk" then blood was in it when pains started ...

Doesn't sound like it to me, just sounds like discharge which is normal in later stages of PG ...

xxx

Hi Louise,

I know I'm no expert but I didn't think your plug is that quick!?

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd thought or I'd expect to see more? I'd just use a panty liner and see what you get and if it is a bit more than the norm give your MW a call?

xx
I called the labour and delivery who said it sounds like part of 'the show' but not to panic cause it could be a few days yet. They said they wont stop labour because im over 34 weeks, I was begging, told them if it is labour, I want it stopped because I want my baby safe. They just said at almost 36 weeks, they wouldnt consider stopping it now :(
I lost some of this stuff a few days ago too, didnt think anything of it until tonight when I felt something weird hanging out my doo-dar

I lost mine when I was in labour, there was loads when I wiped and it was bloody. Was there anything there when you wiped? Might just be excess mucas, sounds gross but I had loads first time round (once I even went in to hospital with it because when I stood up it ran down my legs and I wasn't sure if it was my waters, that's so gross sorry!).
Try not to worry, it could just be your body getting into gear for everything :)

oh, yeah. Thinking about it my friend lost her's at 37 weeks.......there she was getting all excited and she didn't go until her due date! Doh!

I had green "gunk" then blood was in it when pains started ...

Doesn't sound like it to me, just sounds like discharge which is normal in later stages of PG ...

xxx
twas jelly like, looked kinda off yellow... real thick too, then when I looked in the loo, there was more of it sinking to the bottom.

Don't want to dismiss your worries, but honestly I had loads of that both times (and it was nothing, just normal).

Just sounds like extra discharge i had loads.

Its not like jelly louise its stringy like snot (TMI) Not to panic i had both my girls at 36wks and they are perfectly fine!

xxx

Phew Kina uve put my mind at rest with the running down ur leg comment, as mines has been pretty bad this time round, was too shy to post :blush:

thanks!:hugs:

Louise, take it easy and the last thing u want to do is get worked up/stressed out. They obviously think u going into labour at 26 weeks nearly will pose no problem, the baby is full formed etc and will be fine - SHOULD IT HAPPEN.xxx

Just sounds like extra discharge i had loads.

Its not like jelly louise its stringy like snot (TMI) Not to panic i had both my girls at 36wks and they are perfectly fine!

xxx​
You had the new addition at 36 weeks? I thought you went almost full term with her?
I dont understand the difference between jelly and snot lol, not to sound dumb. But ya know the fertile mucus? well its kinda like that- now what would you class that as, jelly or snot? I really dont know. Thats what it looked like, and from what I could see on the toilet paper, it looked off yellow but kinda clear-ish at the same time.
Maybe I shouldnt have phone L&D, as they have kinda worried me more now because they said it sounds like bits of my plug coming away.

I had a sweep at 35+6 with ellie she was born at 36+6
Maddie was born smack on 36
Both the kids are fine, healthy weights and came home fine!

xxx

You had the new addition at 36 weeks? I thought you went almost full term with her?
I dont understand the difference between jelly and snot lol, not to sound dumb. But ya know the fertile mucus? well its kinda like that- now what would you class that as, jelly or snot? I really dont know. Thats what it looked like, and from what I could see on the toilet paper, it looked off yellow but kinda clear-ish at the same time.
Maybe I shouldnt have phone L&D, as they have kinda worried me more now because they said it sounds like bits of my plug coming away.[/center]

Sounds like snot to me :wacko:

KX glad to reassured you with my waaay tmi post lol. The MW said to me that some women get more than others, I was certainly one of those women!!

haha Kina, love the sharing!!!!

I had discharge in the later weeks of my pregnancy but when I eventually had my show it was really stringy.

i dont remember having a show.... how weird!

I started losing small yellow coloured jelly a week or two before my due date and I went 2 weeks over and had to be induced.

It doesn't necessarily mean labour is imminent it's just your bodies way of preparing (like Braxton Hicks).

Cx

i dont remember having a show.... how weird!
Maybe it just plopped out in the toilet lol and u didnt think to look? :)
My friend had hers stripped, said it was painful. Not something I would particularly want!
And MrsE, I was informed that although it sounds like parts of 'a show', that the L&D dont normally advise you to do anything until its blood streaked, and even then it could take days.
I had more of it on my pad this morning too..:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->